Stock market and foreign exchange market integration in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Bong-Han & Kim, Hyeongwoo & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2015.
"Spillover effects of the U.S. financial crisis on financial markets in emerging Asian countries,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 192-210.
- Bong-Han Kim & Hyeongwoo Kim, 2011. "Spillover Effects of the US Financial Crisis on Financial Markets in Emerging Asian Countries," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2011-04, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Bong-Han Kim & Hyeongwoo Kim & Bong-Soo Lee, 2015. "Spillover Effects of the U.S. Financial Crisis on Financial Markets in Emerging Asian Countries," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2015-01, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Bong-Han Kim & Hyeongwoo Kim & Bong-Soo Lee, 2012. "Spillover Effects of the U.S. Financial Crisis on Financial Markets in Emerging Asian Countries," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2012-06, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 565-613, April.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 6312, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1997. "Foreign Speculators and Emerging Equity Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 79, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Cheung, Yin-Wong & Ng, Chris C., 2007.
"East Asian equity markets, financial crises, and the Japanese currency,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 138-152, March.
- Y.L. Cheung & Y.W. Cheung & K.C. Ng, 2003. "East Asian Equity Markets, Financial Crises, and the Japanese Currency," Working Papers 032003, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Ping Wang & Tomoe Moore, 2008. "Stock Market Integration For The Transition Economies: Time-Varying Conditional Correlation Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 116-133, September.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. " Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Choi, Jongmoo Jay, 1995. "The Japanese and US stock prices: A comparative fundamental analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 347-360, September.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1998.
"Capital Control Liberalization and Stock Market Development,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1169-1183, July.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated". "Capital control liberalisation and stock market development," CERF Discussion Paper Series 96-03, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Levine, Ross*Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Capital control liberalization and stock market development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1622, The World Bank.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Jeon, Bang Nam & Li, Huimin, 2007. "Dynamic correlation analysis of financial contagion: Evidence from Asian markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1206-1228, November.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. " Time-Varying World Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-444, June.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- PERRON, Pierre & RODRIGUEZ, Gabriel, 1998. "GLS Detrending, Efficient Unit Root Tests and Structural Change," Cahiers de recherche 9809, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Chow, Edward H & Lee, Wayne Y & Solt, Michael E, 1997. "The Exchange-Rate Risk Exposure of Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 105-123, January.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Lillian Cheung & Laurence Fung & Chi-sang Tam, 2008. "Measuring Financial Market Interdependence and Assessing Possible Contagion Risk in the EMEAP Region," Working Papers 0818, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Solnik, Bruno, 1987. " Using Financial Prices to Test Exchange Rate Models: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 141-149, March.
- Phylaktis, Kate & Ravazzolo, Fabiola, 2005. "Stock prices and exchange rate dynamics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1031-1053, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salisu, Afees A. & Ndako, Umar B., 2018.
"Modelling stock price–exchange rate nexus in OECD countries: A new perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 105-123.
- Afees A. Salisu & Umar B. Ndako, 2017. "Modelling stock price-exchange rate nexus in OECD countries - A new perspective," Working Papers 038, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
More about this item
KeywordsF31; F41; O55; Cointegration; Exchange rate; Stock index; VECM;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wodepe:v:6:y:2017:i:c:p:32-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/world-development-perspectives .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.