Effects of volatility shocks on the dynamic linkages between exchange rate, interest rate and the stock market: The case of Turkey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zheng Yang & Anthony H. Tu & Yong Zeng, 2014. "Dynamic linkages between Asian stock prices and exchange rates: new evidence from causality in quantiles," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(11), pages 1184-1201, April.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011.
"Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008. "Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study," Working Papers 0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Chia-Hao Lee & Shuh-Chyi Doong & Pei-I Chou, 2011. "Dynamic correlation between stock prices and exchange rates," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(11), pages 789-800.
- Lothian, James R. & Wu, Liuren, 2011.
"Uncovered interest-rate parity over the past two centuries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 448-473, April.
- James R. Lothian & Liuren Wu, 2003. "Uncovered Interest Rate Parity Over the Past Two Centuries," International Finance 0311009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Jeon, Bang Nam & Li, Huimin, 2007. "Dynamic correlation analysis of financial contagion: Evidence from Asian markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1206-1228, November.
- Lieven Baele, 2010.
"The Determinants of Stock and Bond Return Comovements,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(6), pages 2374-2428, June.
- Lieven Baele & Geert Bekaert & Koen Inghelbrecht, 2007. "The determinants of stock and bond return comovements," Working Paper Research 119, National Bank of Belgium.
- Lieven Baele & Geert Bekaert & Koen Inghelbrecht, 2009. "The Determinants of Stock and Bond Return Comovements," NBER Working Papers 15260, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcelo Sanchez, 2008. "The link between interest rates and exchange rates: do contractionary depreciations make a difference?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 43-61.
- Chow, Edward H & Lee, Wayne Y & Solt, Michael E, 1997. "The Exchange-Rate Risk Exposure of Asset Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70(1), pages 105-123, January.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Phylaktis, Kate & Ravazzolo, Fabiola, 2005. "Stock prices and exchange rate dynamics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1031-1053, November.
- Roberto Rigobon & Brian Sack, 2003. "Spillovers Across U.S. Financial Markets," NBER Working Papers 9640, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roll, Richard, 1992. " Industrial Structure and the Comparative Behavior of International Stock Market Indices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 3-41, March.
- Carlos Bautista, 2003. "Interest rate-exchange rate dynamics in the Philippines: a DCC analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 107-111.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Gian Piero Aielli, 2013. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: On Properties and Estimation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 282-299, July.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Vega, Clara, 2007.
"Real-time price discovery in global stock, bond and foreign exchange markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 251-277, November.
- Clara Vega & Francis X. Diebold & Tim Bollerslev & Torben G. Andersen, 2006. "Real-time price discovery in global stock, bond and foreign exchange markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 871, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2006.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Clara Vega, 2007. "Real-Time Price Discovery in Global Stock, Bond and Foreign Exchange Markets," CREATES Research Papers 2007-20, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dirk G. Baur, 2010.
"Stock-bond co-movements and cross-country linkages,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(2), pages 111-129.
- Dirk G. Baur, 2007. "Stock-bond co-movements and cross-country linkages," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp216, IIIS.
- Yang, Jian & Zhou, Yinggang & Wang, Zijun, 2009. "The stock-bond correlation and macroeconomic conditions: One and a half centuries of evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 670-680, April.
- Y. K. Tse, 1998. "The conditional heteroscedasticity of the yen-dollar exchange rate," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 49-55.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qin, Jing & Ge, Jintian & Lu, Xinsheng, 2018. "The effectiveness of the monetary policy in China: New evidence from long-range cross-correlation analysis and the components of multifractality," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 506(C), pages 1026-1037.
- Morales-Zumaquero, Amalia & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simón, 2018. "Volatility spillovers between foreign exchange and stock markets in industrialized countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 121-136.
- Umut UYAR & Sinem KANGALLI UYAR & Altan GOKCE, 2016. "Gosterge Faiz Orani Dalgalanmalari Ve Bist Endeksleri Arasindaki Iliskinin Esanli Kantil Regresyon Ile Analizi," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 16(4), pages 587-598.
- Salisu, Afees A. & Ndako, Umar B., 2018.
"Modelling stock price–exchange rate nexus in OECD countries: A new perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 105-123.
- Afees A. Salisu & Umar B. Ndako, 2017. "Modelling stock price-exchange rate nexus in OECD countries - A new perspective," Working Papers 038, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- Oguzhan Ozcelebi & Nurtac Yildirim, 2017. "Impacts of short-term interest rates on stock returns and exchange rates: Empirical evidence from EAGLE countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 228-255, February.
- Babajide Abiola Ayopo & Lawal Adedoyin Isola & Somoye Russel Olukayode, 2016. "Stock Market Response to Economic Growth and Interest Rate Volatility: Evidence from Nigeria," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 354-360.
- Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu & Aubin, Christian & Goyeau, Daniel & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2018. "Extreme co-movements and dependencies among major international exchange rates: A copula approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 56-69.
- Andrieș, Alin Marius & Căpraru, Bogdan & Ihnatov, Iulian & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2017. "The relationship between exchange rates and interest rates in a small open emerging economy: The case of Romania," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 261-274.
- Toparlı, Elif Akay & Çatık, Abdurrahman Nazif & Balcılar, Mehmet, 2019. "The impact of oil prices on the stock returns in Turkey: A TVP-VAR approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 535(C).
- Asep Risman & Ubud Salim & Sumiati Sumiati & Nur Khusniyah Indrawati, 2017. "Commodity Prices, Exchange Rates and Investment on Firm's Value Mediated by Business Risk: A Case from Indonesian Stock Exchange," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3A), pages 511-524.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange rate; Interest rate; Stock market; Dynamic conditional correlation; Penalized contrast function; Volatility shift contagion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:43:y:2014:i:c:p:448-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.