No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew K & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. "Contagious Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 1453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Smets, Frank, 1995. "Contagious speculative attacks," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 45-63, March.
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990. "Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Allan Drazen, 2000. "Political Contagion in Currency Crises," NBER Chapters, in: Currency Crises, pages 47-67, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Cashin & Manmohan S. Kumar & C. John McDermott, 1995. "International Integration of Equity Markets and Contagion Effects," IMF Working Papers 1995/110, International Monetary Fund.
- Ray Yeu-Tien Chou & Victor Ng & Lynn K. Pi, 1994. "Cointegration of International Stock Market Indices," IMF Working Papers 1994/094, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "On the Measurement of the International Propagation of Shocks," NBER Working Papers 7354, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader O. & Ismath Bacha, Obiyathulla & Masih, Mansur & Asutay, Mehmet, 2017.
"Leverage versus volatility: Evidence from the capital structure of European firms,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 145-160.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla & Asutay, Mehmet, 2014. "Leverage versus volatility: Evidence from the Capital Structure of European Firms," MPRA Paper 57682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 2003. "Emerging markets finance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 3-56, February.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Fazio, Giorgio & Kumar, Manmohan & MacDonald, Ronald, 2003. "Fatal Attraction," CEPR Discussion Papers 3870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Fazio, Giorgio & Kumar, Manmohan & MacDonald, Ronald, 2007.
"Fatal attraction: Using distance to measure contagion in good times as well as bad,"
Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 259-273.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Giorgio Fazio & Manmohan Kumar & Ronald MacDonald, 2007. "Fatal attraction: Using distance to measure contagion in good times as well as bad," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 16(3), pages 259-273.
- Marais, E. & Bates, S., 2006.
"An empirical study to identify shift contagion during the Asian crisis,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 468-479, December.
- Elise Marais & Samuel Bates, 2006. "An empirical study to identify shift contagion during the Asian crisis," Post-Print hal-01288429, HAL.
- Samuel Bates & Elise Marais, 2006. "An empirical study to identify shift contagion during the Asian crisis," Post-Print hal-02136530, HAL.
- Kam-hon CHU & Bob Y. C. Chan & Chor-yiu Sin, 2000. "Contagion Effects, Informational Effects, and Economic Fundamentals: An Analysis of Exchange Rate Dynamics during the Asian Currency Crisis," Working Papers 022000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Manmohan S. Kumar & Giorgio Fazio & Ronald MacDonald, 2003. "Fatal Attraction; A New Measure of Contagion," IMF Working Papers 2003/080, International Monetary Fund.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader & Masih, Mansur & Bacha, Obiyathulla & Asutay, Mehmet, 2014. "Leverage, Sensitivity to Market Risk and Contagion: A Multi-Country Analysis for Shari’ah(Islamic) Stock Screening," MPRA Paper 57685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MARAIS Elise, 2004. "La contagion financi`ere : une ´etude empirique sur les causalités lors de la crise asiatique," International Finance 0404003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chau Le & Dickinson David, 2014. "Asset price volatility and financial contagion: analysis using the MS-VAR framework," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 133-162, December.
- Gallegati, Marco, 2012. "A wavelet-based approach to test for financial market contagion," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3491-3497.
- Burzala, Milda Maria, 2016. "Contagion effects in selected European capital markets during the financial crisis of 2007–2009," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 556-571.
- Simone Manganelli & Lorenzo Cappiello & Bruno Gerard, 2004. "The Contagion Box: Measuring Co-Movements in Financial Markets by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 77, Econometric Society.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/272 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandoval Paucar, Giovanny, 2018. "Contagio Financiero: Una Breve Revisión De Literatura [Financial Contagio: A Review Literature]," MPRA Paper 89554, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2011.
"Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 948-974, September.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Fratzscher, Marcel & Rigobon, Roberto, 2005. "Stocks, bonds, money markets and exchange rates: measuring international financial transmission," Working Paper Series 452, European Central Bank.
- Michael Ehrmann & Marcel Fratzscher & Roberto Rigobon, 2005. "Stocks, Bonds, Money Markets and Exchange Rates: Measuring International Financial Transmission," NBER Working Papers 11166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel‐Cristian Voia, 2019.
"Empirics of currency crises: A duration analysis approach,"
Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(3), pages 428-449, July.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2011. "Empirics of Currency Crises: A Duration Analysis Approach," Carleton Economic Papers 11-11, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Angela Ng, 2005. "Market Integration and Contagion," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 39-70, January.
- de Bandt,O. & Malik, S., 2010. "Is there Evidence of Shift-Contagion in International Housing Markets?," Working papers 295, Banque de France.
- Ahmed El Ghini & Youssef Saidi, 2015.
"Financial market contagion during the global financial crisis: evidence from the Moroccan stock market,"
International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1), pages 78-95.
- El GHINI, Ahmed & SAIDI, Youssef, 2013. "Financial Market Contagion During the Global Financial Crisis: Evidence from the Moroccan Stock Market," MPRA Paper 53392, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.