German, US and Central and Eastern European Stock Market Integration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schotman, Peter C & Zalewska, Ania, 2005. "Non-synchronous Trading and Testing for Market Integration in Central European Emerging Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5352, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patricia Fraser & Oluwatobi Oyefeso, 2005. "US, UK and European Stock Market Integration," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1-2), pages 161-181.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1999. "Some tests for parameter constancy in cointegrated VAR-models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(2), pages 306-333.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & Lucey, Brian M. & McManus, Ginette M., 2008. "The dynamics of Central European equity market comovements," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 605-622, August.
- Voronkova, Svitlana, 2004. "Equity market integration in Central European emerging markets: A cointegration analysis with shifting regimes," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 633-647.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. " Time-Varying World Market Integration," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 403-444, June.
- Sephton, Peter S. & Larsen, Hans K., 1991. "Tests of exchange market efficiency: fragile evidence from cointegration tests," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 561-570, December.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 1-27.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999. "Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Bekaert, Geert, 1995. "Market Integration and Investment Barriers in Emerging Equity Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 75-107, January.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1992. "Recursive Estimation in Cointegrated VAR-Models," Discussion Papers 92-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Gilmore, Claire G. & McManus, Ginette M., 2002. "International portfolio diversification: US and Central European equity markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 69-83, March.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Ratna Sahay, 2001.
"Financial market spillovers in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, pages 53-86.
- Ratna Sahay & R. G Gelos, 2000. "Financial Market Spillovers in Transition Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Garcia Pascual, Antonio, 2003. "Assessing European stock markets (co)integration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 197-203, February.
- Egert, Balazs & Kocenda, Evzen, 2007.
"Interdependence between Eastern and Western European stock markets: Evidence from intraday data,"
Elsevier, pages 184-203.
- Balazs Egert & Evzen Kocenda, 2005. "Contagion Across and Integration of Central and Eastern European Stock Markets: Evidence from Intraday Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp798, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georgios Kouretas & Manolis Syllignakis, 2012. "Switching Volatility in Emerging Stock Markets and Financial Liberalization: Evidence from the new EU Member Countries," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 4(2), pages 65-93, June.
- Syllignakis, Manolis N. & Kouretas, Georgios P., 2011. "Dynamic correlation analysis of financial contagion: Evidence from the Central and Eastern European markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 717-732, October.
- Tomislav Globan & Petar Sorić, 2017. "Financial integration before and after the crisis: Euler equations (re)visit European Union," EFZG Working Papers Series 1702, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Niţoi, Mihai & Pochea, Maria Miruna, 2016. "Testing financial markets convergence in Central and Eastern Europe: A non-linear single factor model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 323-334.
- Diamandis, Panayiotis F., 2009. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from Latin America," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 13-30.
- Tomislav Globan, 2015. "Financial integration, push factors and volatility of capital flows: evidence from EU new member states," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 643-672, August.
- Wasim Ahmad & N.R. Bhanumurthy & Sanjay Sehgal, 2014. "The Eurozone crisis and its contagion effects on the European stock markets," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 325-352, July.
- Rousova, Linda, 2009. "Are the Central European Stock Markets Still Different? A Cointegration Analysis," Discussion Papers in Economics 10993, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Pui Sun Tam & Pui I Tam, 2012. "Rethinking stock market integration: Globalization, valuation and convergence," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-052, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral and Eastern European stock market integration; Cointegration; Common stochastic trends; Permanent and transitory components; G15; C12; C32; F36;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:21:y:2010:i:4:p:607-628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .