The Japanese and US stock prices: A comparative fundamental analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Louis K C & Hamao, Yasushi & Lakonishok, Josef, 1991. " Fundamentals and Stock Returns in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1739-1764, December.
- Ando, Albert & Auerbach, Alan J., 1988. "The cost of capital in the United States and Japan: A comparison," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 134-158, June.
- Campbell, John Y & Shiller, Robert J, 1987.
"Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1062-1088, October.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1987. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Scholarly Articles 3122490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," NBER Working Papers 1885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fukao, Mitsuhiro & Okubo, Takashi, 1984. "International Linkage of Interest Rates: The Case of Japan and the United States," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 193-207, February.
- Hodder, James E. & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1985. "Some Aspects of Japanese Corporate Finance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 173-191, June.
- Raj Aggarwal & Ramesh P. Rao & Takato Hiraki, 1990.
"Regularities In Tokyo Stock Exchange Security Returns: P/E, Size, And Seasonal Influences,"
Journal of Financial Research,
Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 249-263, September.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Rao, Ramesh P & Hiraki, Takato, 1990. "Regularities in Tokyo Stock Exchange Security Returns: P/E, Size, and Seasonal Influences," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(3), pages 249-263, Fall.
- Jongmooo Jay Choi, 1989. "Diversification, Exchange Risks and Corporate International Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 20(1), pages 145-155, March.
- French, Kenneth R. & Poterba, James M., 1991.
"Were Japanese stock prices too high?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 337-363, October.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1990. "Were Japanese Stock Prices Too High?," NBER Working Papers 3290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- French, K.R. & Poterba, J.M., 1990. "Are Japanese Stock Prices Too High?," Working papers 547, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gultekin, Mustafa N & Gultekin, N Bulent & Penati, Alessandro, 1989. " Capital Controls and International Capital Market Segmentation: The Evidence from the Japanese and American Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(4), pages 849-869, September.
- Choi, Jongmoo Jay, 1984. "Consumption Basket, Exchange Risk, and Asset Demand," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 287-298, September.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi, 1986. "A Model of Firm Valuation With Exchange Exposure," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(2), pages 153-160, June.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Merton H. Miller & Franco Modigliani, 1961. "Dividend Policy, Growth, and the Valuation of Shares," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34, pages 411-411.
- Kato, Kiyoshi & Schallheim, James S., 1985. "Seasonal and Size Anomalies in the Japanese Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 243-260, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Kamran Khan & Jian-Zhou Teng & Javed Pervaiz & Sunil Kumar Chaudhary, 2017.
"Nexuses between Economic Factors and Stock Returns in China,"
International Journal of Economics and Finance,
Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(9), pages 182-191, September.
- Khan, Muhammad Kamran & Teng, Jian -Zhou & Parviaz, Javed & Chaudhary, Sunil Kumar, 2017. "Nexuses between economic factors and stock returns in China," MPRA Paper 81017, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Aug 2017.
- repec:eee:wodepe:v:6:y:2017:i:c:p:32-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yu Hsing, 2011. "Macroeconomic Variables and the Stock Market: the Case of Lithuania," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 3(1), pages 031-037, June.
- Mohammad Joarder & Monir Ahmed & Tahsina Haque & Syed Hasanuzzaman, 2014. "An empirical testing of informational efficiency in Bangladesh capital market," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 63-87, February.
- Hong Bae, Kee & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 1998. "The usefulness of earnings versus book value for predicting stock returns and cross corporate ownership in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 467-485, October.
- Orawan Ratanapakorn & Subhash Sharma, 2007. "Dynamic analysis between the US stock returns and the macroeconomic variables," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 369-377.
- Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Costas Siriopoulos, 2016. "Stock markets and effective exchange rates in European countries: threshold cointegration findings," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(2), pages 215-274, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:7:y:1995:i:3:p:347-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.