Fair Enough? Food Security and the International Trade of Seafood
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James A. & Scott Taylor, M., 1998.
"Open access renewable resources: Trade and trade policy in a two-country model,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 181-209, April.
- James A. Brander & M. Scott Taylor, 1996. "Open Access Renewable Resources: Trade and Trade Policy in a Two-CountryModel," NBER Working Papers 5474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Asche & Helge Bremnes & Cathy R. Wessells, 1999.
"Product Aggregation, Market Integration, and Relationships between Prices: An Application to World Salmon Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 568-581.
- Asche, F. & Bremnes, H. & Wessells, C.R., 1998. "Product Aggregation, Market Integration and Relationships Between Prices: an Application to World Salmon Markets," Papers 27/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Swartz, Wilf & Rashid Sumaila, U. & Watson, Reg & Pauly, D., 2010. "Sourcing seafood for the three major markets: The EU, Japan and the USA," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1366-1373, November.
- Béné, Christophe & Lawton, Rebecca & Allison, Edward H., 2010. ""Trade Matters in the Fight Against Poverty": Narratives, Perceptions, and (Lack of) Evidence in the Case of Fish Trade in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 933-954, July.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006.
"Globalization, poverty, and inequality: What is the relationship? What can be done?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1361-1373, August.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2005. "Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?," Working Papers 05-13, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kaushik Basu, 2010. "Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?," Working Papers id:3234, eSocialSciences.
- Kaushik Basu, 2005. "Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: What Is the Relationship? What Can Be Done?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-32, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Béné, Christophe & Belal, Emma & Baba, Malloum Ousman & Ovie, Solomon & Raji, Aminu & Malasha, Isaac & Njaya, Friday & Na Andi, Mamane & Russell, Aaron & Neiland, Arthur, 2009. "Power Struggle, Dispute and Alliance Over Local Resources: Analyzing 'Democratic' Decentralization of Natural Resources through the Lenses of Africa Inland Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1935-1950, December.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2012.
"As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1418-1434.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2010. "As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming," MPRA Paper 27259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2010. "As You Sow, So Shall You Reap: The Welfare Impacts of Contract Farming," MPRA Paper 23638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward, Peter, 2006. "Examining Inequality: Who Really Benefits from Global Growth?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1667-1695, October.
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen, 2002. "Food and Agricultural Policy for a Globalizing World: Preparing for the Future," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1201-1214.
- Bennett, Merrill K., 1941. "Wheat in National Diets," Wheat Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, vol. 18(02), pages 1-44, October.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F., 2012. "Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 715-730.
- Valderrama, Diego & Anderson, James L., 2010. "Market interactions between aquaculture and common-property fisheries: Recent evidence from the Bristol Bay sockeye salmon fishery in Alaska," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 115-128, March.
- Dorosh, Paul A., 2001. "Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 673-689, April.
- Stephanie BARRIENTOS & Frederick MAYER & John PICKLES & Anne POSTHUMA, 2011. "Decent work in global production networks: Framing the policy debate," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 150(3-4), pages 297-317, December.
- Toufique, Kazi Ali & Belton, Ben, 2014. "Is Aquaculture Pro-Poor? Empirical Evidence of Impacts on Fish Consumption in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 609-620.
- Bailey, Richard, 1988. "Third world fisheries: Prospects and problems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 751-757, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Debora Scarpato & Gennaro Civero & Vincenzo Rusciano & Marcello Risitano, 2020. "Sustainable strategies and corporate social responsibility in the Italian fisheries companies," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(6), pages 2983-2990, November.
- Bronnmann, Julia & Smith, Martin D. & Abbott, James & Hay, Clinton J. & Næsje, Tor F., 2020. "Integration of a local fish market in Namibia with the global seafood trade: Implications for fish traders and sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Pettersen, Ingrid Kristine & Brækkan, Eivind Hestvik & Myrland, Øystein, 2018. "Are Norwegian fishermen selling in the same market?," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 9-18.
- Elsler, Laura G. & Drohan, Sarah E. & Schlüter, Maja & Watson, James R. & Levin, Simon A., 2019. "Local, Global, Multi-Level: Market Structure and Multi-Species Fishery Dynamics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 185-195.
- Steven Holmes & Fabrizio Natale & Maurizio Gibin & Jordi Guillen & Alfredo Alessandrini & Michele Vespe & Giacomo Chato Osio, 2020. "Where did the vessels go? An analysis of the EU fishing fleet gravitation between home ports, fishing grounds, landing ports and markets," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(5), pages 1-13, May.
- Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew & Webb, Patrick & Bogard, Jessica Rose & Subasinghe, Rohana & Phillips, Michael John & Allison, Edward Hugh, 2016. "Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 126-131.
- Tatyana Chesnokova & Stephanie McWhinnie, 2019.
"International Fisheries Access Agreements and Trade,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(3), pages 1207-1238, November.
- Tatyana Chesnokova & Stephanie F. McWhinnie, 2017. "International Fisheries Access Agreements and Trade," School of Economics Working Papers 2017-11, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Bennett, Abigail & Basurto, Xavier, 2018. "Local Institutional Responses to Global Market Pressures: The Sea Cucumber Trade in Yucatán, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 57-70.
- Asche, Frank & Misund, Bard & Oglend, Atle, 2015. "Production Risk and the Futures Price Risk Premium?," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2015/13, University of Stavanger.
- Anderson, James L. & Asche, Frank & Garlock, Taryn, 2018. "Globalization and commoditization: The transformation of the seafood market," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 2-8.
- Asche, Frank & Smith, Martin D., 2018. "Viewpoint: Induced Innovation in Fisheries and Aquaculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-7.
- Dahl, Roy Endré & Jonsson, Erlendur, 2018. "Volatility spillover in seafood markets," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 44-59.
- Shokoofeh Shamsi & Michelle Williams & Yazdan Mansourian, 2020. "An Introduction to Aboriginal Fishing Cultures and Legacies in Seafood Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-1, November.
- Sabau, Gabriela & Boksh, F.I.M. Muktadir, 2017. "Fish Trade Liberalization Under 21st Century Trade Agreements: The CETA and Newfoundland and Labrador Fish and Seafood Industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 222-233.
- Gong, Binlei, 2020. "Measuring and Achieving World Agricultural Convergence," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304347, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Natale, Fabrizio & Borrello, Alessandra & Motova, Arina, 2015. "Analysis of the determinants of international seafood trade using a gravity model," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 98-106.
- Clapp, Jennifer, 2017. "Food self-sufficiency: Making sense of it, and when it makes sense," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 88-96.
- Bronnmann, Julia & Asche, Frank, 2017. "Sustainable Seafood From Aquaculture and Wild Fisheries: Insights From a Discrete Choice Experiment in Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 113-119.
- Hammarlund, Cecilia & Andersson, Anna, 2019. "What’s in it for Africa? European Union fishing access agreements and fishery exports from developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 172-185.
- Dong, Chao & Yin, Qiuju & Lane, Kevin J. & Yan, Zhijun & Shi, Tianyu & Liu, Yan & Bell, Michelle L., 2018. "Competition and transmission evolution of global food trade: A case study of wheat," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 509(C), pages 998-1008.
- Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia, 2015. "Price, quality and trade costs in the food sector," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 147-158.
- Asche, Frank & Misund, Bård & Oglend, Atle, 2016. "Determinants of the Atlantic salmon futures risk premium," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 6-17.
- Tim Cashion & Santiago de la Puente & Dyhia Belhabib & Daniel Pauly & Dirk Zeller & U Rashid Sumaila, 2018. "Establishing company level fishing revenue and profit losses from fisheries: A bottom-up approach," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Traverso, Silvio & Schiavo, Stefano, 2020. "Fair trade or trade fair? International food trade and cross-border macronutrient flows," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Gordon, Daniel V., 2018. "Country of origin growth modelling for imported salted & dried (Klippfisk) products to Brazil," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 31-43.
More about this item
Keywordsfish and seafood; food security; international trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:67:y:2015:i:c:p:151-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.