Market interactions between aquaculture and common-property fisheries: Recent evidence from the Bristol Bay sockeye salmon fishery in Alaska
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark L. Herrmann & Ron C. Mittelhammer & Biing-Hwan Lin, 1993. "Import Demands for Norwegian Farmed Atlantic Salmon and Wild Pacific Salmon in North America, Japan and the EC," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 41(1), pages 111-125, March.
- Frank Asche & Atle G. Guttormsen & Tom Sebulonsen & Elin H. Sissener, 2005. "Competition between farmed and wild salmon: the Japanese salmon market," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(3), pages 333-340, November.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 2005. "Markets and rent dissipation in regulated open access fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 381-404, March.
- Deacon, Robert T & Parker, Dominic P. & Costello, Christopher J, 2008. "Improving Efficiency by Assigning Harvest Rights to Fishery Cooperatives: Evidence From the Chignik Salmon Co-op," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt1cv9s0v9, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Homans, Frances R. & Wilen, James E., 1997. "A Model of Regulated Open Access Resource Use," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, January.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Munro, Gordon R. & Scott, Anthony D., 1985. "The economics of fisheries management," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 14, pages 623-676 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jinghua Xie & Dengjun Zhang, 2014. "Imperfect Competition and Structural Changes in the US Salmon Import Market," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(4), pages 375-389.
- Asche, Frank & Bellemare, Marc F. & Roheim, Cathy & Smith, Martin D. & Tveteras, Sigbjørn, 2015. "Fair Enough? Food Security and the International Trade of Seafood," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 151-160.
- Seeger, Riley Martin, 2015. "Determinants of Bristol Bay Sockeye Demand and Ex-Vessel Price Implications Based on Key Market-Clearing Factors," SS-AAEA Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Frank Asche & Ragnar Tveteras, 2013. "Estimation and decomposition of inefficiency when producers maximize return to the outlay: an application to Norwegian fishing trawlers," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 307-321, December.
- Cloé Garnache, 2015. "Fish, Farmers, and Floods: Coordinating Institutions to Optimize the Provision of Ecosystem Services," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 367-399.
- Asche, Frank & Zhang, Dengjun, 2013. "Testing Structural Changes in the U.S. Whitefish Import Market: An Inverse Demand System Approach," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(3), December.
- Julia Bronnmann & Jens-Peter Loy & Karen J. Schroeder, 2016. "Characteristics of Demand Structure and Preferences for Wild and Farmed Seafood in Germany: An Application of QUAIDS Modeling with Correction for Sample Selection," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 281-300.
- Ahmed S. Khan, 2012. "Understanding Global Supply Chains and Seafood Markets for the Rebuilding Prospects of Northern Gulf Cod Fisheries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(11), pages 1-24, November.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:113-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:02:n:s2382624x16500156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asche, Frank & Smith, Martin D., 2010. "Trade and fisheries: Key issues for the World Trade Organization," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket interactions Aquaculture Restricted access fisheries Bristol Bay Alaska Salmon;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:59:y:2010:i:2:p:115-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .