Understanding Global Supply Chains and Seafood Markets for the Rebuilding Prospects of Northern Gulf Cod Fisheries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Copes, Parzival, 1970. "The Backward-Bending Supply Curve Of The Fishing Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(1), pages 69-77, February.
- Swartz, Wilf & Rashid Sumaila, U. & Watson, Reg & Pauly, D., 2010. "Sourcing seafood for the three major markets: The EU, Japan and the USA," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1366-1373, November.
- Mackinson, S. & Sumaila, U.R. & Pitcher, T.M., 1997. "Bioeconomics and Cacthability: Fish and Fishers Behaviour During Stock Collapse," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 168, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Andrew Dyck & U. Sumaila, 2010. "Economic impact of ocean fish populations in the global fishery," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 227-243, October.
- U. Sumaila & Ahmed Khan & Andrew Dyck & Reg Watson & Gordon Munro & Peter Tydemers & Daniel Pauly, 2010. "A bottom-up re-estimation of global fisheries subsidies," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 201-225, October.
- Nielsen, Max, 2009. "Modelling fish trade liberalisation: Does fish trade liberalisation result in welfare gains or losses?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Schrank, William E., 2005. "The Newfoundland fishery: ten years after the moratorium," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 407-420, September.
- Nielsen, Max, 2006. "Supply regimes in fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 596-603, September.
- Thorpe, Andy & Bennett, Elizabeth, 2004. "Market-Driven International Fish Supply Chains: The Case of Nile Perch from Africa's Lake Victoria," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-18.
- Valderrama, Diego & Anderson, James L., 2010. "Market interactions between aquaculture and common-property fisheries: Recent evidence from the Bristol Bay sockeye salmon fishery in Alaska," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 115-128, March.
- Frank Asche & Ola Flaaten & John R. Isaksen & Terje Vassdal, 2002. "Derived Demand and Relationships between Prices at Different Levels in the Value Chain: A Note," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 101-107.
- Gulbrandsen, Lars H., 2009. "The emergence and effectiveness of the Marine Stewardship Council," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 654-660, July.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei He & Si-Hua Chen, 2014. "Game Analysis of Determinants of Stability of Semiconductor Modular Production Networks," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(8), pages 1-23, July.
More about this item
KeywordsNorthern Gulf Cod; pre- and post-collapse analysis; rebuilding; fish chains; eco-certification and seafood trade; backward bending supply; fisheries governance; coastal communities; Newfoundland; Canada;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:4:y:2012:i:11:p:2946-2969:d:21253. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.