The economics of wildlife farming and endangered species conservation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, G & Layton, D, 1997. "Saving Rhinos," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 97-18, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & Horan, Richard D., 2003.
"Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-127, January.
- Bulte, E.H. & Horan, R.D., 2003. "Habitat conservation, wildlife extraction and agricultural expansion," Other publications TiSEM 88fa3bff-65e8-478f-9edf-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- List, John A. & Mason, Charles F., 2001. "Optimal Institutional Arrangements for Transboundary Pollutants in a Second-Best World: Evidence from a Differential Game with Asymmetric Players," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 277-296, November.
- Erwin H. Bulte & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 1999. "Economics of Antipoaching Enforcement and the Ivory Trade Ban," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(2), pages 453-466.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1984.
"An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 489-506, March.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1982. "An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations," CUDARE Working Papers 42856, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Berck, Peter & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1982. "An Open-Access Fishery with Rational Expectations," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt876499mq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Copes, Parzival, 1970. "The Backward-Bending Supply Curve Of The Fishing Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(1), pages 69-77, February.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2004.
"The complex interactions of markets for endangered species products,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 926-953, September.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2002. "The Complex Interaction of Markets For Endangered Species Products," Discussion Papers dp-02-21, Resources For the Future.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Ulph, Alistair, 1996. "Environmental Policy and International Trade when Governments and Producers Act Strategically," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 265-281, May.
- Charles F. Mason & Stephen Polasky, 1997. "The Optimal Number of Firms in the Commons: A Dynamic Approach," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1143-1160, November.
- Schulz, Carl-Erik & Skonhoft, Anders, 1996. "Wildlife management, land-use and conflicts," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 265-280, July.
- Brown, G & Layton, D, 1997. "Saving Rhinos," Working Papers 97-18, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Burton, Michael, 1999. "An assessment of alternative methods of estimating the effect of the ivory trade ban on poaching effort," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 93-106, July.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horan, Richard D. & Melstrom, Richard T., 2011. "No sympathy for the devil," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 367-385.
- Lee, Deborah E. & Du Preez, Mario, 2016. "Determining visitor preferences for rhinoceros conservation management at private, ecotourism game reserves in the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa: A choice modeling experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 106-116.
- Mailu, Stephen & Kuloba, Bernard & Ruto, Eric & Nyangena, Wilfred, 2010. "Effect of cropping policy on landowner reactions towards wildlife: a case of Naivasha area, Kenya," MPRA Paper 21308, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbott, Brant & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2011.
"Can domestication of wildlife lead to conservation? The economics of tiger farming in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 721-728, February.
- Brant Abbott & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2008. "Can Domestication of Wildlife Lead to Conservation? The Economics of Tiger Farming in China," Working Papers 2009-01, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Abbott, Brant & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2010. "Can Domestication Of Wildlife Lead To Conservation? The Economics Of Tiger Farming In China," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61071, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Abbott, Brant & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2009. "Can Domestication Of Wildlife Lead To Conservation? The Economics Of Tiger Farming In China," Working Papers 46994, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- Doris Behrens & Birgit Bednar-Friedl & Michael Getzner, 2009. "Sustainable management of an alpine national park: handling the two-edged effect of tourism," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 17(3), pages 233-253, September.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:180-189 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zareena Begum. I & Amanat K. Gill, 2014. "Analyzing the Pathway to Improve Tiger Conservation in India," Working Papers 2014-090, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:62:y:2007:i:3-4:p:461-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.