Product Aggregation, Market Integration, and Relationships between Prices: An Application to World Salmon Markets
Relationships between prices of goods offer motives of interest in at least two areas: market integration and product aggregation. There is a close relationship between market integration and aggregation, which may increase the usefulness of market integration studies. In this article, these relationships are developed and illustrated by an application to the world salmon market. It is shown that the Law of One Price holds for an international market with five salmon species. This result has significant implications for the world salmon market regarding both product aggregation in demand analyses and international trade policy. Copyright 1999, Oxford University Press.
Volume (Year): 81 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, March.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1996. "Aggregation without Separability: A Generalized Composite Commodity Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 524-43, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Benson, B.L. & Faminow, M.D. & Marquis, M.H. & Sauer, D.G., 1992. "The Impact of Provincial Marketing Boards on Pricing Dynamics in the North American Slaughter Hog Market," Working Papers 1992_12_2, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992.
"The Power of Cointegration Tests,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-48, August.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521296762 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:81:y:1999:i:3:p:568-581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.