Testing the Effect of an Anti-Dumping Duty: the US Salmon Market
During the late 1980s, Norwegian salmon farmers had a market share of over 50% for farmed salmon in the USA. In 1991 a countervailing duty and an anti-dumping duty were imposed on Norwegian exports of farmed salmon to the US which basically closed the market for Norwegian salmon. The primary aim for US farmers was to increase prices on the US market, but also increased US market shares was targeted. In this paper we investigate to what extent the imposed duties on Norwegian salmon was sufficient to reach these goals.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 5595 9000
Fax: 5595 9100
Web page: http://www.nhh.no/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stigler, George J & Sherwin, Robert A, 1985.
"The Extent of the Market,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 555-85, October.
- George J. Stigler & Robert A. Sherwin, 1983. "The Extent of the Market," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 31, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1988.
"Trade policy with increasing returns and imperfect competition : Contradictory results from competing assumptions,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(3-4), pages 299-316, May.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J, 1986. "Trade Policy with Increasing Returns and Imperfect Competition: Contradictory Results from Competing Assumptions," CEPR Discussion Papers 120, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Kjell G. Salvanes, 1997. "Market Delineation and Demand Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 139-150.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:norgee:26/98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.