The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2009.
"Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 146-177, January.
- Fernández, Raquel & Fogli, Alessandra, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work and Fertility," CEPR Discussion Papers 5089, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: an empirical investigation of beliefs, work, and fertility," Staff Report 361, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Raquel Fernandez & Alessandra Fogli, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," NBER Working Papers 11268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Fogli & Raquel Fernandez, 2005. "Culture: An Empirical Investigation of Beliefs, Work, and Fertility," Working Papers 05-07, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2006.
"Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 23-48, Spring.
- Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales & Luigi Guiso, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," NBER Working Papers 11999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2006. "Does Culture Affect Economic Outcomes?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carrillo, Juan D. & Gromb, Denis, 1999. "On the strength of corporate cultures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1021-1037, April.
- Russell Mannion & Andrew Street, 2009. "Managing activity and expenditure in the new NHS market," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 27-34, January.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualist Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 912-950, October.
- Callen, Joanne L. & Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Johanna I., 2007. "Cultures in hospitals and their influence on attitudes to, and satisfaction with, the use of clinical information systems," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 635-639, August.
- Samuel Bowles, 1998. "Endogenous Preferences: The Cultural Consequences of Markets and Other Economic Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 75-111, March.
- William A. Jackson, 2009. "Economics, Culture and Social Theory," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 4082.
- Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Mary T. & Iedema, Rick & Mallock, Nadine A. & Forsyth, Rowena & Zhang, Kai, 2005. "A tale of two hospitals: assessing cultural landscapes and compositions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 1149-1162, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valmohammadi, Changiz & Roshanzamir, Shervin, 2015. "The guidelines of improvement: Relations among organizational culture, TQM and performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 167-178.
- Nurul Fadly Habidin & Nurul Aifaa Shazali & Naimah Ali & Nur Afni Khaidir & Osman Jusoh, 2016. "The impact of lean healthcare practice on healthcare performance: the mediating role of supply chain innovation in Malaysian healthcare industry," International Journal of Critical Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 79-93.
More about this item
KeywordsOrganizational culture; Hospital performance; Competing Values Framework; English NHS hospital Trusts;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:76:y:2013:i:c:p:115-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.