On the strength of corporate cultures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1996.
"A Theory of Collective Reputations (with applications to the persistence of corruption and to firm quality),"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 1-22.
- Tirole, J., 1993. "A Theory of Collective Reputations with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," Working papers 93-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1994. ""A Theory of Collective Reputations" with Applications to the Persistence of Corruption and to Firm Quality," IDEI Working Papers 38, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jacques Cremer, 1986. "Cooperation in Ongoing Organizations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 33-49.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Culture and Language," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 95-126, December.
- Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1990. "Herd Behavior and Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 465-479, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mikel Berdud & Juan M. Cabasés Hita & Jorge Nieto, 2014. "A Pilot Inquiry on Incentives and Intrinsic Motivation in Health Care: the Motivational Capital Explained by Doctors," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1401, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Eric Van den Steen, 2010.
"On the origin of shared beliefs (and corporate culture),"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 41(4), pages 617-648.
- Van den Steen, Eric, 2005. "On the Origin of Shared Beliefs (and Corporate Culture)," Working papers 27855, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Morrison, Alan & Thanassoulis, John, 2017. "Ethical standards and cultural assimilation in financial services," CEPR Discussion Papers 12060, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albert Banal‐Estañol & Jo Seldeslachts, 2011.
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 589-624, June.
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Jo Seldeslachts, 2005. "Merger Failures," CIG Working Papers SP II 2005-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Albert Banal-Estañol & Jo Seldeslachts, 2009. "Merger failures," Economics Working Papers 1192, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran, 2013. "The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 115-125.
- Mikel Berdud & Juan M. Cabasés & Jorge Nieto, 2012. "Incentives Beyond the Money: Identity and Motivational Capital in Public Organizations," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1214, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- HIROTA Shinichi & KUBO Katsuyuki & MIYAJIMA Hideaki, 2007. "Does Corporate Culture Matter? An Empirical Study on Japanese Firms," Discussion papers 07030, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Juan D. Carrillo & Denis Gromb, 2005. "Culture in Organizations: Inertia and Uniformity," Levine's Bibliography 172782000000000053, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hiller, Victor & Verdier, Thierry, 2014.
"Corporate culture and identity investment in an industry equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 93-112.
- Victor Hiller & Thierry Verdier, 2014. "Corporate culture and identity investment in an industry equilibrium," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109503, HAL.
- Eric Van den Steen, 2010.
"Culture Clash: The Costs and Benefits of Homogeneity,"
INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1718-1738, October.
- Eric J. Van den Steen, 2009. "Culture Clash: The Costs and Benefits of Homogeneity," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-003, Harvard Business School.
- Donald C. Langevoort, 2006. "Opening the Black Box of "Corporate Culture" in Law and Economics," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 162(1), pages 80-96, March.
- Wilderom, C.P.M. & van den Berg, P., 2000. "Firm Culture and Leadership as Firm Performance Predictors : a Resource-Based Perspective," Discussion Paper 2000-03, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mikel Berdud & Juan M. Cabasés Hita & Jorge Nieto, 2014. "Motivational Capital and Incentives in Health Care Organizations," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1403, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Barth, Andreas, 2015. "The Role of Corporate Culture in the Financial Industry," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112922, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:43:y:1999:i:4-6:p:1021-1037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.