Does Corporate Culture Matter? An Empirical Study on Japanese Firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Garmaise, Mark J., 2003. "Organization Capital and Intrafirm Communication," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt8j01z46g, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Luigi Zingales, 2000.
"In Search of New Foundations,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1623-1653, August.
- Luigi Zingales, 2000. "In Search of New Foundations," CRSP working papers 515, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Luigi Zingales, 2000. "In Search of New Foundations," NBER Working Papers 7706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zingales, Luigi, 2000. "In Search of New Foundations," CEPR Discussion Papers 2551, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrei Shleifer & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Breach of Trust in Hostile Takeovers," NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences, pages 33-68 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ouchi, William, 1981. "Theory Z: How American business can meet the Japanese challenge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 82-83.
- Denis Gromb, 2007. "Cultural Inertia and Uniformity in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 743-771, October.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1991. " The Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 297-355, March.
- Rafael Rob & Peter Zemsky, 2002.
"Social Capital, Corporate Culture, and Incentive Intensity,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(2), pages 243-257, Summer.
- Rafael Rob & Peter Zemsky, "undated". "Social Capital, Corporate Culture and Incentive Intensity," Penn CARESS Working Papers 7380c2f90d0b2f362ad71f139, Penn Economics Department.
- Pascale, Richard Tanner & Athos, Anthony G., 1981. "The art of Japanese management," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 83-85.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katsuhito Iwai, 2002. "The Nature of the Business Corporation: Its Legal Structure and Economic Functions," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 53(3), pages 243-273.
- Carrillo, Juan D. & Gromb, Denis, 1999. "On the strength of corporate cultures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1021-1037, April.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1998. "The Governance of the New Enterprise," CRSP working papers 487, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Prescott, Edward C & Visscher, Michael, 1980. "Organization Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 446-461, June.
- Eric Van den Steen, 2010.
"On the origin of shared beliefs (and corporate culture),"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 41(4), pages 617-648.
- Van den Steen, Eric, 2005. "On the Origin of Shared Beliefs (and Corporate Culture)," Working papers 27855, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ito, Satoshi & Fujimura, Shuzo & Tamiya, Toshihiko, 2012. "Does cultural assimilation affect organizational decision-making on quality-related incidents? — A company's post-M&A experience," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 160-179.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-05-26 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBE-2007-05-26 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:07030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (MATSUKURA, Taeko). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.