Innovation in regions: What does really matter?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001.
"Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey,"
LIUC Papers in Economics
84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001. "Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Chris Benner, 2003. "Learning communities in a learning region: the soft infrastructure of cross-firm learning networks in Silicon Valley," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(10), pages 1809-1830, October.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1998.
"Innovation in Cities: Science-Based Diversity, Specialization and Localized Competition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Feldman, Maryann P. & Audretsch, David B., 1999. "Innovation in cities:: Science-based diversity, specialization and localized competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 409-429, February.
- S. Klepper & S. Sleeper, 2002.
"Entry by Spinoffs,"
Papers on Economics and Evolution
2002-07, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Kaufmann & Franz Todtling, 2000. "Systems of Innovation in Traditional Industrial Regions: The Case of Styria in a Comparative Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 29-40.
- Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar, 2004. "Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 591-607, April.
- Foxon, T. J. & Gross, R. & Chase, A. & Howes, J. & Arnall, A. & Anderson, D., 2005. "UK innovation systems for new and renewable energy technologies: drivers, barriers and systems failures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2123-2137, November.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Simona Iammarino & Valeria Mastrostefano & Alberto Silvani, 2002. "Looking for Regional Systems of Innovation: Evidence from the Italian Innovation Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 173-186.
- Luc Anselin, 2000. "Geographical Spillovers and University Research: A Spatial EconometricPerspective," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 501-515.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1997:i:45:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Armstrong, Jeff, 1998. "Geographically Localized Knowledge: Spillovers or Markets?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 65-86, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Hedi D. Kallal & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1991.
"Growth in Cities,"
NBER Working Papers
3787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Brewer, Marilynn B, 1998. "Intellectual Human Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 290-306, March.
- Love, James H. & Roper, Stephen, 2001. "Location and network effects on innovation success: evidence for UK, German and Irish manufacturing plants," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 643-661, April.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
NBER Working Papers
3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Klevorick, Alvin K. & Levin, Richard C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1995.
"On the sources and significance of interindustry differences in technological opportunities,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 185-205, March.
- Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard C. Levin & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1993. "On the Sources and Significance of Interindustry Differences in Technological Opportunities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1052, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Pohjola, M., 2000. "Information Technology and Economic Growth. A Cross-Country Analysis," Research Paper 173, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2001. "The Geography Of Knowledge Spillovers And Technological Proximity," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 237-254.
- Cowan, R. & Jonard, N., 2003.
"The dynamics of collective invention,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 513-532, December.
- James D. Adams, 2001.
"Comparative Localization of Academic and Industrial Spillovers,"
NBER Working Papers
8292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James D. Adams, 2002. "Comparative localization of academic and industrial spillovers," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(3), pages 253-278, July.
- Kaiser, Robert & Prange, Heiko, 2004. "The reconfiguration of National Innovation Systems--the example of German biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 395-408, April.
- Radosevic, Slavo, 2002. "Regional Innovation Systems in Central and Eastern Europe: Determinants, Organizers and Alignments," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 87-96, January.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Bart Verspagen & Wilfred Schoenmakers, 2004.
"The spatial dimension of patenting by multinational firms in europe,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Verspagen, B. & Schoenmakers, W., 2002. "The Spatial Dimension of Patenting by Multinational Firms in Europe," Working Papers 02.11, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco & Malerba, Franco, 2003. "Knowledge-relatedness in firm technological diversification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Zouhour Karray, 2003. "Compétences pour innover et coopérations technologiques - Une analyse multivariée de l'industrie française," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 102(1), pages 29-53.
- David Doloreux, 2004. "Regional Innovation Systems in Canada: A Comparative Study," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 479-492.
- Furman, Jeffrey L. & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott, 2002. "The determinants of national innovative capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 899-933, August.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 1999. "Make and buy in innovation strategies: evidence from Belgian manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Leon A.G. Oerlemans & Marius T.H. Meeus & Frans W.M. Boekema, 1998. "Do Networks Matter for Innovation? The usefulness of the economic network approach in analysing innovation," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 89(3), pages 298-309, 08.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Norman Clark, 2002. "Innovation Systems, Institutional Change And The New Knowledge Market: Implications For Third World Agricultural Development," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 353-368.
- Robert E Lucas, 1999.
"Making a Miracle,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2101, David K. Levine.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Javier Revilla DIEZ, 2002. "Metropolitan Innovation Systems: A Comparison between Barcelona, Stockholm, and Vienna," International Regional Science Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 63-85, January.
- Attila Varga, 1998. "Local academic knowledge spillovers and the concentration of economic activity," ERSA conference papers ersa98p493, European Regional Science Association.
- Mariani Myriam, 2000. "Networks of Inventors in the Chemical Industry," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Oerlemans, L.A.G. & Meeus, M.T.H. & Boekema, F.W.M., 1998. "Do networks matter for innovation? The usefulness of the network approach in analysing innovation," Other publications TiSEM b5b01e96-86f7-4fdf-95c0-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1995. "Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 47-65, February.
- L. Nascia & G. Perani, 2002. "Diversity of Innovation in Europe," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 277-293.
- Faber, Jan & Hesen, Anneloes Barbara, 2004. "Innovation capabilities of European nations: Cross-national analyses of patents and sales of product innovations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 193-207, March.
- Ritter, Thomas & Gemunden, Hans Georg, 2003. "Network competence: Its impact on innovation success and its antecedents," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 745-755, September.
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila, 2002. "Patents and innovation counts as measures of regional production of new knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1069-1085, September.
- Freel, Mark S., 2003. "Sectoral patterns of small firm innovation, networking and proximity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 751-770, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:34:y:2005:i:8:p:1150-1172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.