The changing structure of the US national innovation system: implications for international conflict and cooperation in R&D policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mowery, David C., 1983. "The relationship between intrafirm and contractual forms of industrial research in American manufacturing, 1900-1940," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 351-374, October.
- Caves, Richard E & Crookell, Harold & Killing, J Peter, 1983. "The Imperfect Market for Technology Licenses," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 45(3), pages 249-267, August.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meesapawong, Pawadee & Rezgui, Yacine & Li, Haijiang, 2014. "Planning innovation orientation in public research and development organizations: Using a combined Delphi and Analytic Hierarchy Process approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 245-256.
- Zhang, Jing & Liang, Xiong-jian, 2012. "Promoting green ICT in China: A framework based on innovation system approaches," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 997-1013.
- Kaufman, Allen & Tucci, Christopher L. & Brumer, Mark, 2003. "Can creative destruction be destroyed? Military IR&D and destruction along the value-added chain," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1537-1554, October.
- Niosi, Jorge, 2002. "National systems of innovations are "x-efficient" (and x-effective): Why some are slow learners," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 291-302, February.
- Stephan, Annegret & Schmidt, Tobias S. & Bening, Catharina R. & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2017. "The sectoral configuration of technological innovation systems: Patterns of knowledge development and diffusion in the lithium-ion battery technology in Japan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 709-723.
- Bauyrzhan Yessengeldin & Diana Sitenko & Gulnaz Murzatayeva & Anar Yessengeldina, 2016. "Scientific Potential as the Basis of Innovation Development of Kazakhstan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1019-1024.
- repec:spr:scient:v:98:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1141-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:6:p:1106-1117 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yumiko Myoken, 2014. "Investigating the Factors Fostering Sustainable Collaboration between Japanese Companies and UK Universities," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(3), pages 108-116, May.
- Jorge Niosi, 2010. "Building National and Regional Innovation Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14006, April.
- Nola Hewitt-Dundas & Ciara Leonard, 2005. "Embracing a systems perspective of innovation Â– Evidence from Ireland on the use of innovation links, 1991 to 2002," ERSA conference papers ersa05p608, European Regional Science Association.
- Papachristos, George & Adamides, Emmanuel, 2016. "A retroductive systems-based methodology for socio-technical transitions research," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-14.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Rainhilde, 2003. "Which firms have cooperative R&D agreements with universities? Some empirical evidence from Belgian manufacturing," IESE Research Papers D/502, IESE Business School.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Ruttan, Vernon W., 2010. "The Economics of Innovation and Technical Change in Agriculture," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Orsenigo, Luigi & Pammolli, Fabio, 2000. "Global Competitiveness in Pharmaceuticals: A European Perspective," MPRA Paper 15965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde & Cassiman, Bruno, 2005.
"R&D cooperation between firms and universities. Some empirical evidence from Belgian manufacturing,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 355-379, June.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "R&D Cooperation Between Firms and Universities: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgian Manufacturing," CEPR Discussion Papers 3951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pardey, Philip G. & James, Jennifer S. & Alston, Julian M. & Wood, Stanley & Koo, Bonwoo & Binenbaum, Eran & Hurley, Terrance M. & Glewwe, Paul & Mayer, Jorge & Jones, Richard & De Groote, Hugo & Kana, 2007. "Science, Technology and Skills," Reports 136256, University of Minnesota, International Science and Technology Practice and Policy.
- Mario De Marchi & Maurizio Rocchi, 2004. "Brief Notes On The Policies For Science-Based Firms," CERIS Working Paper 200412, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Hsu, David W.L. & Shen, Yung-Chi & Yuan, Benjamin J.C. & Chou, Chiyan James, 2015. "Toward successful commercialization of university technology: Performance drivers of university technology transfer in Taiwan," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 25-39.
- Fainshmidt, Stav & White, George O. & Cangioni, Carole, 2014. "Legal Distance, Cognitive Distance, and Conflict Resolution in International Business Intellectual Property Disputes," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 188-200.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:27:y:1998:i:6:p:639-654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.