Questing the three key growth determinants: Energy consumption, foreign direct investment and financial development in South Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avinash Kumar, 2010. "A Review of Human Development Trends in South Asia: 1990-2009," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-44, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Belke, Ansgar & Dobnik, Frauke & Dreger, Christian, 2011.
"Energy consumption and economic growth: New insights into the cointegration relationship,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 782-789, September.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Dreger & Frauke de Haan, 2010. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth: New Insights into the Cointegration Relationship," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1017, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Dreger, Christian & de Haan, Frauke, 2010. "Energy Consumption and Economic Growth – New Insights into the Cointegration Relationship," Ruhr Economic Papers 190, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003.
"The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002. "The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2012. "Information communication technology and electricity consumption in emerging economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 130-136.
- Akkemik, K. Ali & Göksal, Koray, 2012. "Energy consumption-GDP nexus: Heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 865-873.
- Koljonen, Tiina & Lehtilä, Antti, 2012. "The impact of residential, commercial, and transport energy demand uncertainties in Asia on climate change mitigation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 410-420.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2008. "Energy consumption and economic growth in Asian economies: A more comprehensive analysis using panel data," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 50-65, January.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Pravakar Sahoo & Ranjan Kumar Dash, 2012.
"Economic growth in South Asia: Role of infrastructure,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 217-252, January.
- Ranjan Kumar Dash & Pravakar Sahoo, 2016. "Economic Growth In South Asia: Role Of Infrastructure," Working Papers id:8638, eSocialSciences.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2005. "Energy consumption and GDP in developing countries: A cointegrated panel analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 415-427, May.
- Ashima Goyal, 2012.
"The Future Of Financial Liberalization In South Asia,"
Asia-Pacific Development Journal,
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 19(1), pages 63-96, June.
- Ashima Goyal, 2010. "The Future of Financial Liberalization in South Asia," Finance Working Papers 22051, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ashima Goyal, 2010. "The Future of Financial Liberalization in South Asia," Finance Working Papers 21973, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ashima Goyal, 2012. "The Future of Financial Liberalization in South Asia," Development Papers 1203, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Ashima Goyal, 2010. "The Future of financial liberalization in South Asia," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-022, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- World Bank, 2012. "World Development Indicators 2012," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6014.
- Al-mulali, Usama & Binti Che Sab, Che Normee & Fereidouni, Hassan Gholipour, 2012. "Exploring the bi-directional long run relationship between urbanization, energy consumption, and carbon dioxide emission," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 156-167.
- Tugcu, Can Tansel & Ozturk, Ilhan & Aslan, Alper, 2012. "Renewable and non-renewable energy consumption and economic growth relationship revisited: Evidence from G7 countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1942-1950.
- Mumtaz, Rehma & Zaman, Khalid & Sajjad, Faiza & Lodhi, Muhammad Saeed & Irfan, Muhammad & Khan, Imran & Naseem, Imran, 2014. "Modeling the causal relationship between energy and growth factors: Journey towards sustainable development," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 353-365.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Khan, Muhammad Azhar & Khan, Muhammad Zahir & Zaman, Khalid & Arif, Mariam, 2014. "Global estimates of energy-growth nexus: Application of seemingly unrelated regressions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 63-71.
- Ozturk, Ilhan, 2010. "A literature survey on energy-growth nexus," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 340-349, January.
- Narula, Kapil & Nagai, Yu & Pachauri, Shonali, 2012. "The role of Decentralized Distributed Generation in achieving universal rural electrification in South Asia by 2030," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 345-357.
- Chu, Hsiao-Ping & Chang, Tsangyao, 2012. "Nuclear energy consumption, oil consumption and economic growth in G-6 countries: Bootstrap panel causality test," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 762-769.
- Zafar Mueen Nasir & Arshad Hassan, 2011. "Economic Freedom, Exchange Rates Stability and FDI in South Asia," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 50(4), pages 423-433.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema, 2005. "Estimating income and price elasticities of imports for Fiji in a cointegration framework," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-438, May.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Dynamic Modelling of Energy and Growth in South Asia," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 481-498.
- James Ang, 2009. "Financial development and the FDI-growth nexus: the Malaysian experience," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(13), pages 1595-1601.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2007. "Energy consumption, economic growth and prices: A reassessment using panel VECM for developed and developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2481-2490, April.
- Blanford, Geoffrey J. & Rose, Steven K. & Tavoni, Massimo, 2012. "Baseline projections of energy and emissions in Asia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S3), pages 284-292.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Muhammad Azam & Muhammad Khan & Nasir Iqbal, 2012. "Impact of Political Risk and Uncertainty on FDI in South Asia," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 19(1), pages 59-77, September.
- Payne, James E., 2010. "A survey of the electricity consumption-growth literature," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 723-731, March.
- Çoban, Serap & Topcu, Mert, 2013. "The nexus between financial development and energy consumption in the EU: A dynamic panel data analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 81-88.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arnold, Uwe & Yildiz, Özgür, 2015. "Economic risk analysis of decentralized renewable energy infrastructures – A Monte Carlo Simulation approach," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 227-239.
- Hussain Ali Bekhet & Raed Walid Al-Smadi, 2016. "The dynamic causality between FDI inflow and its determinants in Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1), pages 26-47.
- Nor Aznin Abu Bakar & Jimoh Olajide Raji & Rana Muhammad Adeel-Farooq, 2019. "Greenfield, Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy Consumption, and Environmental Performance in selected SAARC and ASEAN countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(2), pages 216-224.
- Paramati, Sudharshan Reddy & Bhattacharya, Mita & Ozturk, Ilhan & Zakari, Abdulrasheed, 2018. "Determinants of energy demand in African frontier market economies: An empirical investigation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 123-133.
- Furuoka, Fumitaka, 2015. "Financial development and energy consumption: Evidence from a heterogeneous panel of Asian countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 430-444.
- Ghazouani, tarek, 2018. "Re-examining the Foreign direct investment, Renewable energy consumption and Economic growth nexus: Evidence from a new Bootstrap ARDL test for Cointegration," MPRA Paper 89975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doytch, Nadia & Narayan, Seema, 2016. "Does FDI influence renewable energy consumption? An analysis of sectoral FDI impact on renewable and non-renewable industrial energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 291-301.
- Amri, Fethi, 2016. "The relationship amongst energy consumption, foreign direct investment and output in developed and developing Countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 694-702.
- Muthana Mohammad Omoush, 2018. "Time Series Analysis among Tourism, Financial Development, FDI and Economic Growth in Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(12), pages 150-150, December.
- Shahriyar Mukhtarov & Jeyhun I. Mikayilov & Jeyhun Mammadov & Elvin Mammadov, 2018. "The Impact of Financial Development on Energy Consumption: Evidence from an Oil-Rich Economy," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-14, June.
- Sunde, Tafirenyika, 2017. "The interaction of Energy Consumption and Economic Growth in South Africa: Assessment from the Bounds Testing Approach," MPRA Paper 86583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbasi, Faiza & Riaz, Khalid, 2016. "CO2 emissions and financial development in an emerging economy: An augmented VAR approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 102-114.
- Chidozie Njoku & Oscar Chiwira, 2017. "Unbiased Technique in Identifying Appropriate Variables for FDI Inflows Model: A Role of Economic Growth in SADC," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 141-154, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy consumption; Economic growth; FDI; Financial development; South Asia;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:68:y:2014:i:c:p:203-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.