Alternative measures of homeownership gaps across segregated neighborhoods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Carrillo & Anthony Yezer, 2008. "Alternative Measures of Homeownership Gaps Across Segregated Neighboorhoods," Working Papers 2008-07, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel, Stuart A. & Rosenthal, Stuart S., 2005.
"Homeownership in the 1980s and 1990s: aggregate trends and racial gaps,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 101-127, January.
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2004. "Homeownership in the 1980s and 1990s: Aggregate Trends and Racial Gaps," Working Paper 8596, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Daniel P. McMillen & Paul Thorsnes, 2006. "Housing Renovations and the Quantile Repeat-Sales Price Index," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 567-584, December.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Albrecht, James & van Vuuren, Aico & Vroman, Susan, 2009.
"Counterfactual distributions with sample selection adjustments: Econometric theory and an application to the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-396, August.
- Jim Albrecht & Aico van Vuuren & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Counterfactual Distributions with Sample Selection Adjustments: Econometric Theory and an Application to the Netherlands," Working Papers gueconwpa~07-07-06, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 466-490, July.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Deng, Yongheng & Ross, Stephen L. & Wachter, Susan M., 2003.
"Racial differences in homeownership: the effect of residential location,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 517-556, September.
- Yongheng Deng & Stephen L. Ross & Susan M. Wachter, 2002. "Racial Differences in Homeownership: The Effect of Residential Location," Working papers 2002-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Roistacher, Elizabeth A & Goodman, John L, Jr, 1976. "Race and Home Ownership: Is Discrimination Disappearing?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 59-70, March.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "Recent Advances in Quantile Regression Models: A Practical Guideline for Empirical Research," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 88-126.
- James Albrecht & Anders Bjorklund & Susan Vroman, 2003. "Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 145-177, January.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2008. "Changes in the distribution of house prices over time: Structural characteristics, neighborhood, or coefficients?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 573-589, November.
- Coulson, N. Edward, 1999. "Why Are Hispanic- and Asian-American Homeownership Rates So Low?: Immigration and Other Factors," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 209-227, March.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, May.
- Kain, John F & Quigley, John Michael, 1972. "Housing Market Discrimination, Homeownership, and Savings Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 263-277, June.
- Donald Haurin & Christopher Herbert & Stuart Rosenthal, 2007. "Homeownership Gaps Among Low-Income and Minority Households," Working Papers 07-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Painter, Gary & Gabriel, Stuart & Myers, Dowell, 2001. "Race, Immigrant Status, and Housing Tenure Choice," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 150-167, January.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Gilbert W. Bassett Jr. & Hsiu-Lang Chen, 2001. "Portfolio style: Return-based attribution using quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 293-305.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul E. Carrillo & M. Shahe Emran & Gabriela Aparicio, 2011. "Taxes, Prisons, and CFOs: The Effects of Increased Punishment on Corporate Tax Compliance in Ecuador," Working Papers 2011-02, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Laurent Gobillon & Matthieu Solignac, 2014. "Homeownership of immigrants in France," ERSA conference papers ersa14p558, European Regional Science Association.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias G., 2011.
"Neighborhood diversity and the appreciation of native- and immigrant-owned homes,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 214-226, May.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Mathias G. Sinning, 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," CEPR Discussion Papers 624, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias G., 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," Ruhr Economic Papers 137, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Sinning, Mathias, 2009. "Neighborhood Diversity and the Appreciation of Native- and Immigrant-Owned Homes," IZA Discussion Papers 4464, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shilpi Forhad, 2011. "Mobility Costs and Regional Inequality: Evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, August.
- Carrillo, Paul E. & Pope, Jaren C., 2012. "Are homes hot or cold potatoes? The distribution of marketing time in the housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 189-197.
- McMillen, Daniel & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2017. "Decompositions of Spatially Varying Quantile Distribution Estimates: The Rise and Fall of Tokyo House Prices," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 74, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Fesselmeyer, Eric & Le, Kien T. & Seah, Kiat Ying, 2012. "A household-level decomposition of the white–black homeownership gap," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 52-62.
- Fesselmeyer, Eric & Le, Kien T. & Seah, Kiat Ying, 2013.
"Changes in the white–black house value distribution gap from 1997 to 2005,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 132-141.
- Le Kien Eric Fesselmeyer & Seah Kiat Ying, 2012. "Changes in the White-Black house value distribution gap from 1997 to 2005," ERES eres2012_167, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Paul E. Carrillo & Jonathan Rothbaum, 2014. "Counterfactual Spatial Distributions," Working Papers 2014-05, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Pan, Yao, 2016. "Understanding the rural and urban household saving rise in China," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 46-59.
More about this item
KeywordsHomeownership Race Quantile regression decomposition;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:39:y:2009:i:5:p:542-552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.