Commuters, residents and job competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, January.
- Amiti, Mary & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2005.
"Trade and industrial location with heterogeneous labor,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 392-412, December.
- Mary Amiti & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2002. "Trade and Industrial Location with Heterogeneous Labor," CEP Discussion Papers dp0541, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Trade and Industrial Location with Heterogeneous Labor," IMF Working Papers 04/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Amiti, Mary & Pissarides, Christopher, 2002. "Trade and industrial location with heterogeneous labor," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2274, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Amiti, Mary & Pissarides, Christopher, 2005. "Trade and industrial location with heterogeneous labor," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2475, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Amiti, Mary & Pissarides, Christopher, 2002. "Trade and Industrial Location with Heterogenous Labour," CEPR Discussion Papers 3366, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Matha & Ladislav Wintr, 2009. "Commuting flows across bordering regions: a note," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(7), pages 735-738.
- Epifani, Paolo & Gancia, Gino A., 2005.
"Trade, migration and regional unemployment,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 625-644, November.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2002. "Trade, migration and regional unemployment," Economics Working Papers 832, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Nov 2003.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2004. "Trade, Migration and Regional Unemployment," Working Papers 199, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Yasuhiro Sato, 2004. "Migration, Frictional Unemployment, and Welfare-Improving Labor Policies," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 773-793.
- James Albrecht & Susan Vroman, 2002.
"A Matching Model with Endogenous Skill Requirements,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 283-305, February.
- James Albrecht & Susan Vroman, 2000. "A Matching Model with Endogenous Skill Requirements," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0774, Econometric Society.
- Olivier, Pierrard & Henri R., Sneessens, 2002.
"Low-Skilled Unemployment, Biased Technological Shocks and Job Competition,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2003014, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 03 May 2002.
- Pierrard, Olivier & Sneessens, Henri R., 2003. "Low-Skilled Unemployment, Biased Technological Shocks and Job Competition," IZA Discussion Papers 784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coulson, N Edward & Laing, Derek & Wang, Ping, 2001. "Spatial Mismatch in Search Equilibrium," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(4), pages 949-972, October.
- Pedro Portugal & Mário Centeno, 2001. "Wages of Civil Servants," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Frank Cörvers & Maud Hensen, 2003. "The regionalization of labour markets by modelling commuting behaviour," ERSA conference papers ersa03p199, European Regional Science Association.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 1997. "Commuting: In Search of Jobs and Residences," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 402-421, November.
- Van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet, 2005. "The commuting time paradox," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 437-454, November.
- Frigyes Ferdinand Heinz & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2006. "Cross-border labour mobility within an enlarged EU," Occasional Paper Series 52, European Central Bank.
- Wasmer, Etienne & Zenou, Yves, 2002. "Does City Structure Affect Job Search and Welfare?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 515-541, May.
- Arthur J. Hosios, 1990. "On The Efficiency of Matching and Related Models of Search and Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(2), pages 279-298.
- Ninette Pilegaard & Morten Marott Larsen & Jos Van Ommeren, 2005. "Congestion and Residential Moving Behaviour in the presence of Moving Costs," ERSA conference papers ersa05p520, European Regional Science Association.
- Raquel Fonseca, 2003. "On the Interaction between Unemployment and Inter-regional Mobility," CSEF Working Papers 105, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ortega, Javier, 2000. "Pareto-Improving Immigration in an Economy with Equilibrium Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 92-112, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marchiori, Luca & Pierrard, Olivier, 2017. "How does global demand for financial services promote domestic growth in Luxembourg? A dynamic general equilibrium analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 103-123.
- Martin, Daniel & Pierrard, Olivier, 2014.
"On-the-job search and cyclical unemployment: Crowding out vs. vacancy effects,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 235-250.
- Daniel Martin & Olivier Pierrard, 2011. "On-the-job Search and Cyclical Unemployment: Crowding Out vs. Vacancy Effects," BCL working papers 64, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2014.
"Immigration, occupational choice and public employment,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
14-15, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Marchiori, Luca & Pieretti, Patrice & Zou, Benteng, 2016. "Immigration, occupational choice and public employment," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 516, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2015. "Immigration, occupational choice and public employment," BCL working papers 96, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Luca Marchiori & Olivier Pierrard, 2012. "LOLA 2.0: Luxembourg OverLapping generation model for policy Analysis," BCL working papers 76, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Olivier Pierrard & Henri R. Sneessens, 2009. "LOLA 1.0: Luxembourg overLapping generation model for policy analysis," BCL working papers 36, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Dickerson, Andy & Hole, Arne Risa & Munford, Luke A., 2014.
"The relationship between well-being and commuting revisited: Does the choice of methodology matter?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 321-329.
- Andy Dickerson & Arne Risa Hole & Luke Munford, 2012. "The Relationship Between Well-Being and Commuting Re-Visited: Does the Choice of Methodology Matter?," Working Papers 2012016, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Burlacu, Irina S. & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2012.
"Differential Welfare State Impacts for Frontier Working Age Families,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6734, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Burlacu, Irina & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2012. "Differential welfare state impacts for frontier working age families," MERIT Working Papers 061, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Luca Marchiori & Olivier Pierrard & Henri R. Sneessens, 2012. "Aging, labour market dynamics and fiscal imbalances," NBP Working Papers 122, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsJ61 J64 R23 Job competition Commuters Unemployment;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:38:y:2008:i:6:p:565-577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.