Cost overrun and auction format in small size public works
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aleix Calveras & Juan-Jose Ganuza & Esther Hauk, 2004.
"Wild Bids. Gambling for Resurrection in Procurement Contracts,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 41-68, July.
- Aleix Calveras & Juan J. Ganuza & Esther Hauk, 2001. "Wild bids. Gambling for resurrection in procurement contracts," Economics Working Papers 553, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2001.
- Zheng, Charles Z., 2001. "High Bids and Broke Winners," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 129-171, September.
- Gian Luigi Albano & Milo Bianchi & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2006. "Bid Average Methods in Procurement," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 96(1), pages 41-62, January-F.
- Francesco Decarolis, 2009.
"When the highest bidder loses the auction: theory and evidence from public procurement,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
717, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Francesco Decarolis, 2009. "When the Highest Bidder Loses the Auction: Theory and Evidence from Public Procurement," 2009 Meeting Papers 130, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005.
"Government procurement: market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 163-183, March.
- Evenett, Simon J & Hoekman, Bernard, 2003. "Government Procurement: Market Access, Transparency, and Multilateral Trade Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 4109, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2004. "Government procurement : Market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3195, The World Bank.
- Waehrer Keith, 1995. "A Model of Auction Contracts with Liquidated Damages," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 531-555, December.
- Francesco Decarolis & Cristina Giorgiantonio & Valentina Giovanniello, 2011.
"The awarding of public works in Italy: an analysis of the mechanisms for the selection of contractors,"
Mercato Concorrenza Regole,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 235-272.
- Francesco Decarolis & Cristina Giorgiantonio & Valentina Giovanniello, 2010. "The awarding of public works in Italy: an analysis of the mechanisms for the selection of contractors," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 83, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bent Flyvbjerg & Mette K. Skamris holm & Søren L. Buhl, 2003. "How common and how large are cost overruns in transport infrastructure projects?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 71-88, January.
- Simon Board, 2007. "Bidding into the Red: A Model of Post-Auction Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(6), pages 2695-2723, December.
- Odeck, James, 2004. "Cost overruns in road construction--what are their sizes and determinants?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 43-53, January.
- Juan-José Ganuza, 2007. "COMPETITION AND COST OVERRUNS IN PROCUREMENT -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 633-660, December.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1990. "Auctions and Contract Enforcement," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 325-344, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Decio Coviello & Luigi Moretti & Giancarlo Spagnolo & Paola Valbonesi, 2013.
"Court Efficiency and Procurement Performance,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0164, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Decio, Coviello, & Luigi Moretti, & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Court Efficiency and Procurement Performance," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01476673, HAL.
- Coviello, Decio & Moretti, Luigi & Spagnolo, Giancarlo & Valbonesi, Paola, 2016. "Court Efficiency and Procurement Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 11426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2014.
"Sophisticated Bidders In Beauty-Contest Auctions,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0187, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctons," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01440891, HAL.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti, & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctions," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01619040, HAL.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctions," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17003, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Miranda Sarmento, J.J., 2014. "Public private partnerships," Other publications TiSEM c7d4c978-234c-4f88-83ed-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Olga Chiappinelli, 2017. "Decentralization and Public Procurement Performance: New Evidence from Italy," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1704, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chiara D’Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi & Sergio Vergalli, 2013.
"Time overruns as opportunistic behavior in public procurement,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 25-43, September.
- Chiara D’Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi & Sergio Vergalli, 2012. "Time Overruns as Opportunistic Behavior in Public Procurement," Working Papers 2012.78, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Baldi, Simona & Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Piccardo, Chiara, 2016. "To bid or not to bid: That is the question: Public procurement, project complexity and corruption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 89-106.
- Giuseppe Gori & Patrizia Lattarulo & Marco Mariani, 2014. "The effect of Regional Law 35/2011 on strategic public works," Studi e approfondimenti 521, Istituto Regionale per la Programmazione Economica della Toscana.
More about this item
KeywordsCost overrun; Average bid; First price; Open entry;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:30:y:2013:i:c:p:35-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.