Government Procurement: Market Access, Transparency, and Multilateral Trade Rules
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005. "Government procurement: market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 163-183, March.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2004. "Government procurement : Market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3195, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arad, Ruth W. & Hillman, Arye L., 1979. "Embargo threat, learning and departure from comparative advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 265-275, May.
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Breton, Albert & Salmon, Pierre, 1996.
"Are Discriminatory Procurement Policies Motivated by Protectionism?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68.
- BRETON, Albert & SALMON, Pierre, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 1995-10, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," Working Papers hal-01526515, HAL.
- Ades, Alberto & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "National Champions and Corruption: Some Unpleasant Interventionist Arithmetic," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1023-1042, July.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Arye L. Hillman & Ngo Van Long & Peter Moser, 1995. "Modelling Reciprocal Trade Liberalization: The Political-economy and National-welfare Perspectives," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(III), pages 503-515, September.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1998. "Corruption and the composition of government expenditure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 263-279, June.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Oligopoly and Discriminatory Government Procurement Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1320-1328, December.
- Branco, Fernando, 1994. "Favoring domestic firms in procurement contracts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 65-80, August.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Kim, In-Gyu, 1994. "Price-preference vs. tariff policies in government procurement auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 217-222, June.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1977. "The national defense tariff argument reconsidered," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 363-377, November.
- Joson, S S, 1985. "The GATT Agreement on Government Procurement: Canada and Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(44), pages 76-94, June.
- McGuire, Thomas G. & Riordan, Michael H., 1995.
"Incomplete information and optimal market structure public purchases from private providers,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-141, January.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Michael H. Riordan, 1991. "Incomplete Information and Optimal Market Structure: Public Purchases from Private Providers," Papers 0010, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Auction design and favoritism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 9-42, March.
- Vagstad, Steinar, 1995. "Promoting fair competition in public procurement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 283-307, October.
- Federico Trionfetti, 2000. "Discriminatory Public Procurement and International Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Naegelen, Florence & Mougeot, Michel, 1998. "Discriminatory public procurement policy and cost reduction incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 349-367, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zornitsa Kutlina-Dimitrova & Csilla Lakatos, 2016.
"Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(3), pages 501-528, August.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa & Lakatos, Csilla, 2014. "Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2014-2, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- Evenett, Simon J & Hoekman, Bernard, 2004.
"International Cooperation and the Reform of Public Procurement Policies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4663, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005. "International cooperation and the reform of public procurement policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3720, The World Bank.
- Anirudh Shingal, 2015. "Econometric Analyses of Home Bias in Government Procurement," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 188-219, February.
- Hansson Lisa, 2012. "The Private Whistleblower: Defining a New Role in the Public Procurement System," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-28, August.
- Bucciol, Alessandro & Chillemi, Ottorino & Palazzi, Giacomo, 2013. "Cost overrun and auction format in small size public works," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 35-42.
- Dimitri Mardas, 2010. "Stabilization and Association Agreements (SAAs), Europe Agreements, and Public Procurement," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 331-343, September.
- Hejing Chen & John Whalley, 2011. "The WTO Government Procurement Agreement and Its Impacts on Trade," NBER Working Papers 17365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sun, Francis, 2016. "How to manage client entertainment in China," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 401-410.
- Long, Ngo Van & Stähler, Frank, 2009.
"A contest model of liberalizing government procurements,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 479-488, December.
- Ngo Van Long & Frank StŠhler, 2008. "A Contest Model of Liberalizing Government Procurements," Working Papers 0803, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2008.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:134-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilfred J. Ethier & Arye L. Hillman, 2017. "The Politics of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 6456, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anna Balsevich & Svetlana Pivovarova & Elena Podkolzina, 2011. "Information Transparency in Public Procurement: How it Works in Russian Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 01/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa, 2017. "Can we put a price on extending the scope of the GPA? First quantitative assessment," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2017-1, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Shingal, Anirudh, 2016. "Gauging Procurement Policy Change During the Crisis-Era: Evidence from the Global Trade Alert," Papers 1015, World Trade Institute.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:52-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert D. Anderson & Anna Caroline Müller, and Philippe Pelletier, 2015. "Regional Trade Agreements & Procurement Rules: Facilitators or Hindrances?," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/81, European University Institute.
- Rod Falvey & Annamaria La Chimia & Oliver Morrissey & Evious Zgovu, "undated". "Competition Policy and Public Procurement in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 08/07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2013. ""New" econometric evidence for the Baldwin-Richardson (1972)/Miyagiwa (1991) theoretical predictions in government procurement," MPRA Paper 49138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Raihan, Selim & Bleser, Adam & Prud'homme, Dan & Mayrand, Karel & Morin, Jean Frederic & Pollitt, Hector & Hinojosa, Leonith & Williams, Michael, 2011. "Trade sustainability impact assessment (SIA) on the comprehensive economic and trade agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada: Final report," MPRA Paper 28812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cole, Matthew T. & Davies, Ronald B. & Kaplan, Todd, 2017. "Protection in government procurement auctions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 134-142.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2015. "International Cooperation on Public Procurement Regulation," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/88, European University Institute.
- Sangeeta Khorana & Anand Asthana, 2014. "EU FTA negotiations with India: The question of liberalisation of public procurement," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 251-263, September.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2012. "Exploring foreign market access in government procurement," Papers 305, World Trade Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsDoha Round; government procurement; market access; WTO;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.