Government Procurement: Market Access, Transparency, and Multilateral Trade Rules
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005. "Government procurement: market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 163-183, March.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2004. "Government procurement : Market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3195, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, March.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Oligopoly and Discriminatory Government Procurement Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1320-1328, December.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1977. "The national defense tariff argument reconsidered," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 363-377, November.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Auction design and favoritism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 9-42, March.
- Federico Trionfetti, 2000. "Discriminatory Public Procurement and International Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Naegelen, Florence & Mougeot, Michel, 1998. "Discriminatory public procurement policy and cost reduction incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 349-367, March.
- Arad, Ruth W. & Hillman, Arye L., 1979. "Embargo threat, learning and departure from comparative advantage," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 265-275, May.
- Breton, Albert & Salmon, Pierre, 1996.
"Are Discriminatory Procurement Policies Motivated by Protectionism?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68.
- BRETON, Albert & SALMON, Pierre, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 1995-10, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," Working Papers hal-01526515, HAL.
- Ades, Alberto & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "National Champions and Corruption: Some Unpleasant Interventionist Arithmetic," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1023-1042, July.
- Arye L. Hillman & Ngo Van Long & Peter Moser, 1995. "Modelling Reciprocal Trade Liberalization: The Political-economy and National-welfare Perspectives," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(III), pages 503-515, September.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1998. "Corruption and the composition of government expenditure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 263-279, June.
- Branco, Fernando, 1994. "Favoring domestic firms in procurement contracts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 65-80, August.
- Kim, In-Gyu, 1994. "Price-preference vs. tariff policies in government procurement auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 217-222, June.
- Joson, S S, 1985. "The GATT Agreement on Government Procurement: Canada and Australia," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(44), pages 76-94, June.
- McGuire, Thomas G. & Riordan, Michael H., 1995.
"Incomplete information and optimal market structure public purchases from private providers,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-141, January.
- Thomas G. McGuire & Michael H. Riordan, 1991. "Incomplete Information and Optimal Market Structure: Public Purchases from Private Providers," Papers 0010, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Vagstad, Steinar, 1995. "Promoting fair competition in public procurement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 283-307, October.
- Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 1997. "Measurement of Non-Tariff Barriers," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 179, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zornitsa Kutlina-Dimitrova & Csilla Lakatos, 2016.
"Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 152(3), pages 501-528, August.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa & Lakatos, Csilla, 2014. "Determinants of direct cross-border public procurement in EU Member States," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2014-2, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- Evenett, Simon J & Hoekman, Bernard, 2004.
"International Cooperation and the Reform of Public Procurement Policies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4663, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005. "International cooperation and the reform of public procurement policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3720, The World Bank.
- Anirudh Shingal, 2015. "Econometric Analyses of Home Bias in Government Procurement," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 188-219, February.
- Hansson Lisa, 2012. "The Private Whistleblower: Defining a New Role in the Public Procurement System," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-28, August.
- Bucciol, Alessandro & Chillemi, Ottorino & Palazzi, Giacomo, 2013. "Cost overrun and auction format in small size public works," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 35-42.
- Dimitri Mardas, 2010. "Stabilization and Association Agreements (SAAs), Europe Agreements, and Public Procurement," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 331-343, September.
- Hejing Chen & John Whalley, 2011. "The WTO Government Procurement Agreement and Its Impacts on Trade," NBER Working Papers 17365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sun, Francis, 2016. "How to manage client entertainment in China," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 401-410.
- Long, Ngo Van & Stähler, Frank, 2009.
"A contest model of liberalizing government procurements,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 479-488, December.
- Ngo Van Long & Frank StŠhler, 2008. "A Contest Model of Liberalizing Government Procurements," Working Papers 0803, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2008.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:134-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wilfred J. Ethier & Arye L. Hillman, 2017. "The Politics of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 6456, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anna Balsevich & Svetlana Pivovarova & Elena Podkolzina, 2011. "Information Transparency in Public Procurement: How it Works in Russian Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 01/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Kutlina-Dimitrova, Zornitsa, 2017. "Can we put a price on extending the scope of the GPA? First quantitative assessment," DG TRADE Chief Economist Notes 2017-1, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Shingal, Anirudh, 2016. "Gauging Procurement Policy Change During the Crisis-Era: Evidence from the Global Trade Alert," Papers 1015, World Trade Institute.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:52-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert D. Anderson & Anna Caroline Müller, and Philippe Pelletier, 2015. "Regional Trade Agreements & Procurement Rules: Facilitators or Hindrances?," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/81, European University Institute.
- Rod Falvey & Annamaria La Chimia & Oliver Morrissey & Evious Zgovu, "undated". "Competition Policy and Public Procurement in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 08/07, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2013. ""New" econometric evidence for the Baldwin-Richardson (1972)/Miyagiwa (1991) theoretical predictions in government procurement," MPRA Paper 49138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Raihan, Selim & Bleser, Adam & Prud'homme, Dan & Mayrand, Karel & Morin, Jean Frederic & Pollitt, Hector & Hinojosa, Leonith & Williams, Michael, 2011. "Trade sustainability impact assessment (SIA) on the comprehensive economic and trade agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada: Final report," MPRA Paper 28812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cole, Matthew T. & Davies, Ronald B. & Kaplan, Todd, 2017. "Protection in government procurement auctions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 134-142.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2015. "International Cooperation on Public Procurement Regulation," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/88, European University Institute.
- Sangeeta Khorana & Anand Asthana, 2014. "EU FTA negotiations with India: The question of liberalisation of public procurement," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 251-263, September.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2012. "Exploring foreign market access in government procurement," Papers 305, World Trade Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsDoha Round; government procurement; market access; WTO;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:4109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.