Discriminatory public procurement policy and cost reduction incentives
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Oligopoly and Discriminatory Government Procurement Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1320-28, December.
- Kim, In-Gyu, 1994. "Price-preference vs. tariff policies in government procurement auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 217-222, June.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Auction design and favoritism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 9-42, March.
- Vagstad, Steinar, 1995. "Promoting fair competition in public procurement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 283-307, October.
- Branco, Fernando, 1994. "Favoring domestic firms in procurement contracts," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1-2), pages 65-80, August.
- Joson, S. S., 1986. "Substitutability of "buy local" policy for tariff protection in small economies," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 223-239.
- BRETON, Albert & SALMON, Pierre, 1995.
"Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?,"
LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003)
1995-10, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Breton, Albert & Salmon, Pierre, 1996. "Are Discriminatory Procurement Policies Motivated by Protectionism?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68.
- Cairns, Robert D., 1993. "The optimal auction : A mechanism for optimal third-degree price discrimination," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 213-225, February.
- William Vickrey, 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, And Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 8-37, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:67:y:1998:i:3:p:349-367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.