Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1996. "Are Discriminatory Procurement Policies Motivated by Protectionism?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 47-68, February.
- Albert Breton & Pierre Salmon, 1995. "Are discriminatory procurement policies motivated by protectionism ?," Working Papers hal-01526515, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1991. "Economic Institutions: Spontaneous and Intentional Governance," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 159-187, Special I.
- McAfee, R. Preston & McMillan, John, 1989. "Government procurement and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 291-308, May.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1995.
"Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting, and Yardstick Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1992. "Incumbent Behavior: Vote Seeking, Tax Setting and Yardstick Competition," NBER Working Papers 4041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, August.
- Salmon, Pierre, 1987.
"Decentralisation as an Incentive Scheme,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 24-43, Summer.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1987. "Decentralization as an incentive scheme," Institut des Mathématiques Economiques – Document de travail de l’I.M.E. (1974-1993) 98, Institut des Mathématiques Economiques. LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Miyagiwa, Kaz, 1991. "Oligopoly and Discriminatory Government Procurement Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1320-1328, December.
- Klein, Benjamin & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988. "Vertical Restraints as Contract Enforcement Mechanisms," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 265-297, October.
- Finsinger, Jorg, 1988. "Non-competitive and protectionist government purchasing behavior," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-80, January.
- Gianluigi Galeotti & Albert Breton, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Political Parties," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 47-65, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitri Mardas, 1999. "Tendering procedures and buy-national policies," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 189-203, May.
- Anirudh Shingal, 2015. "Econometric Analyses of Home Bias in Government Procurement," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 188-219, February.
- Dimitri Mardas, 2010. "Stabilization and Association Agreements (SAAs), Europe Agreements, and Public Procurement," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 331-343, September.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2005.
"Government procurement: market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 163-183, March.
- Evenett, Simon J & Hoekman, Bernard, 2003. "Government Procurement: Market Access, Transparency, and Multilateral Trade Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 4109, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evenett, Simon J. & Hoekman, Bernard M., 2004. "Government procurement : Market access, transparency, and multilateral trade rules," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3195, The World Bank.
- Shingal, ANIRUDH, 2011. "Foreign market access in government procurement," MPRA Paper 32814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea, Bastianin & Chiara F., Del Bo, 2019. "Procurement in Big Science Centres: politics or technology? Evidence from CERN," Working Papers 410, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 21 May 2019.
- Chiara Carboni & Elisabetta Iossa & Gianpiero Mattera, 2018. "Barriers towards foreign firms in international public procurement markets: a review," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(1), pages 85-107, March.
- Michele Santoni, 2002. "Discriminatory Procurement Policy with Cash Limits," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Bernard Hoekman & Marco Sanfilippo, 2018.
"Firm performance and participation in public procurement: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2018/16, European University Institute.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Sanfilippo, Marco, 2018. "Firm performance and participation in public procurement: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 12752, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2011.
"Services procurement under the WTO's Agreement on Government Procurement: whither market access?,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 527-549, October.
- Shingal, Anirudh, 2010. "Services procurement under the WTO’s agreement on government procurement: whither market access?," MPRA Paper 32881, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jul 2011.
- Chiara Carboni & Elisabetta Iossa & Gianpiero Mattera, 2017. "Barriers to Public Procurement: A Review and Recent Patterns in the EU," IEFE Working Papers 92, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- repec:idb:brikps:7123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bernard Hoekman, 2015. "International Cooperation on Public Procurement Regulation," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/88, European University Institute.
- Naegelen, Florence & Mougeot, Michel, 1998. "Discriminatory public procurement policy and cost reduction incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 349-367, March.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:5:y:1999:i:2:p:189-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- MILE 02, Anirudh Shingal, 2012. "Exploring foreign market access in government procurement," Papers 305, World Trade Institute.
- Carlos Pimenta & Mario Pessoa & Marco Varea & Adriana Arosteguiberry & Mike Williams & Israel Fainboim Yaker & Claudiano de Albuquerque & José Adrián Vargas & Joseph Cavanagh & Benito Almudena Fernánd, 2015. "Public Financial Management in Latin America: The Key to Efficiency and Transparency," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 90517 edited by Carlos Pimenta & Mario Pessoa, February.
- Pimenta, Carlos & Pessoa, Mario & Varea, Marco & Arosteguiberry, Adriana & Williams, Mike & Fainboim Yaker, Israel & de Albuquerque, Claudiano & Vargas, José Adrián & Cavanagh, Joseph & Almudena Ferná, 2015. "Public Financial Management in Latin America: The Key to Efficiency and Transparency," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 7123 edited by Pimenta, Carlos & Pessoa, Mario, May.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 1998. "Using International Institutions to Improve Public Procurement," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 249-269, August.
- Dengler, Benedikt & Hoekman, Bernard, 2018. "The WTO Government Procurement Agreement as a Commitment Device: A First Appraisal," CEPR Discussion Papers 13266, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsprotectionism ; government procurement ; incomplete contracts ; Protectionnisme ; achats publics ; contrats incomplets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lat:lateco:1995-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Odile Ferry) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Odile Ferry to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/latecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.