Evolutionary dynamics of nationalism and migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- André Barreira da Silva Rocha, 2012. "Evolutionary Dynamics of Nationalism and Migration," Discussion Papers in Economics 12/11, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jun 2012.
References listed on IDEAS
- B.R. Chiswick & P.W. Miller, 2000. "Do Enclaves Matter in Immigrant Adjustment?," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-19, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Galam, Serge, 2010. "Public debates driven by incomplete scientific data: The cases of evolution theory, global warming and H1N1 pandemic influenza," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(17), pages 3619-3631.
- Stauffer, Dietrich, 2004. "Introduction to statistical physics outside physics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 336(1), pages 1-5.
- Daniel Friedman, 1998.
"On economic applications of evolutionary game theory,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 15-43.
- Daniel Friedman, 2010. "On Economic Applications of Evolutionary Game Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 53, David K. Levine.
- Dimitrova, Zlatinka I. & Vitanov, Nikolay K., 2001. "Adaptation and its impact on the dynamics of a system of three competing populations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 300(1), pages 91-115.
- Thomas Bauer & Gil Epstein & Ira Gang, 2005.
"Enclaves, language, and the location choice of migrants,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 649-662, November.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," Departmental Working Papers 200217, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 558, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 3527, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rocha, André Barreira da Silva & Laruelle, Annick & Zuazo Garín, Peio, 2011.
"Replicator Dynamics and Evolutionary Stable Strategies in Heterogeneous Games,"
2011-57, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- André Barreira da Silva Rocha & Annick Laruelle & Peio Zuazo, 2012. "Replicator Dynamics and Evolutionary Stable Strategies in Heterogeneous Games," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/54, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Friedman, Daniel, 1991. "Evolutionary Games in Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 637-666, May.
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, November.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992.
"On the Labor Market Effects of Immigration and Trade,"
NBER Chapters,in: Immigration and the Workforce: Economic Consequences for the United States and Source Areas, pages 213-244
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borjas, G.J. & Freeman, R.B. & Katz, L.F., 1991. "On The Labor Market Effects Of Immigration And Trade," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1556, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- George J. Borjas & Richard B. Freeman & Lawrence F. Katz, 1991. "On the Labor Market Effects of Immigration and Trade," NBER Working Papers 3761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keen, Steve & Standish, Russell, 2006.
"Profit maximization, industry structure, and competition: A critique of neoclassical theory,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 370(1), pages 81-85.
- Steve Keen & Russell K. Standish, 2006. "Profit Maximization, Industry Structure, and Competition: A critique of neoclassical theory," Papers nlin/0604061, arXiv.org.
- Ross Cressman & Jean-Francois Wen & William Morrison, 1998. "On the Evolutionary Dynamics of Crime," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1101-1117, November.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1999. "Culture and Language," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 95-126, December.
- Gilles Grenier, 1984. "The Effects of Language Characteristics on the Wages of Hispanic-American Males," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 35-52.
- Galam, Serge & Vignes, Annick, 2005. "Fashion, novelty and optimality: an application from Physics," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 351(2), pages 605-619.
- Thomas Marmefelt, 2004. "Institutional Endowments and the Lithuanian Holding as Innovative Network: A Problem of Institutional Compatibility in the Baltic Sea Area," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 87-113, March.
- Barry Chiswick & Paul Miller, 2001. "A model of destination-language acquisition: Application to male immigrants in Canada," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(3), pages 391-409, August.
- Carrington, William J & Detragiache, Enrica & Vishwanath, Tara, 1996. "Migration with Endogenous Moving Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 909-930, September.
- Galam, Serge & Walliser, Bernard, 2010. "Ising model versus normal form game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(3), pages 481-489.
- Walter S. McManus, 1990. "Labor Market Effects of Language Enclaves: Hispanic Men in the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(2), pages 228-252.
- Ausloos, M. & Petroni, F., 2009. "Statistical dynamics of religion evolutions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(20), pages 4438-4444.
- Grossman, Jean Baldwin, 1982. "The Substitutability of Natives and Immigrants in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 596-603, November.
- Iglesias, J.R. & Semeshenko, V. & Schneider, E.M. & Gordon, M.B., 2012. "Crime and punishment: Does it pay to punish?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(15), pages 3942-3950.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:acsxxx:v:20:y:2017:i:04n05:n:s0219525917500102 is not listed on IDEAS
- André Barreira da Silva Rocha, 2013. "An Evolutionary Game for the Issues of Social Investment, Environmental Compliance and Consumer Boycott," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/17, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
More about this item
KeywordsEconophysics; Sociophysics; Replicator dynamics; Migration; Nationalism; Enclave;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:392:y:2013:i:15:p:3183-3197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.