Labour market signalling and job turnover revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Devine, Theresa J. & Kiefer, Nicolas M., 1991. "Empirical Labor Economics: The Search Approach," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195059366.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Wage Policy of a Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 921-955.
- Siow, Aloysius, 1998. "Tenure and Other Unusual Personnel Practices in Academia," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 152-173, April.
- Michael Waldman, 1984. "Job Assignments, Signalling, and Efficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, pages 255-267.
- Ransom, Michael R, 1993. "Seniority and Monopsony in the Academic Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 221-233, March.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Internal Economics of the Firm: Evidence from Personnel Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 881-919.
- Farber, Henry S., 1999. "Mobility and stability: The dynamics of job change in labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 2439-2483 Elsevier.
- Waldman, Michael, 1990. "Up-or-Out Contracts: A Signaling Perspective," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 230-250, April.
- Bruce C. Greenwald, 1986. "Adverse Selection in the Labour Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 325-347.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Livanos, Ilias & Nunez, Imanol, 2010. "The Effect of Higher Education on Gender Wage-Gap," MPRA Paper 25487, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy J. Perri, 2005. "Raiding and Signaling in the Academic Labor Market," Working Papers 05-21, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Kim, Jin-Hyuk, 2007. "Employee Poaching, Predatory Hiring, and Covenants Not to Compete," MPRA Paper 83254, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dato, Simon & Grunewald, Andreas & Kräkel, Matthias & Müller, Daniel, 2016. "Asymmetric employer information, promotions, and the wage policy of firms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 273-300.
- Xiaolin Xing & Zhenlin Yang, 2005.
"Determinants of Job Turnover Intentions : Evidence from Singapore,"
Labor Economics Working Papers
22588, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Xiaolin Xing & Zhenlin Yang, 2005. "Determinants of Job Turnover Intentions: Evidence from Singapore," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0515, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Ricardo Mamede, 2009.
"Toward an integrated approach to industry dynamics and labor mobility,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 139-163, February.
- Mamede, Ricardo, 2006. "Towards an integrated approach to industry dynamics and labour mobility," MPRA Paper 3994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Stevens, 2005.
"The job satisfaction of English academics and their intentions to quit academe,"
National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers
262, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Philip Stevens, 2005. "The job satisfaction of English academics and their intentions to quit academe," Labor and Demography 0512005, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:11:y:2004:i:5:p:599-622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .