The Effect of Higher Education on Gender Wage-Gap
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bolton & Mathias Dewatripont, 2005. "Contract Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262025760, January.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2007.
"Education, Occupation and Career Expectations: Determinants of the Gender Pay Gap for UK Graduates,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(6), pages 819-842, December.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2006. "Education, Occupation and Career Expectations: Determinants of the Gender Pay Gap for UK Graduates," CEE Discussion Papers 0069, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Chevalier, Arnaud, 2006. "Education, occupation and career expectations: determinants of the gender pay gap for UK graduates," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19409, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Black, Dan A. & Smith, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004.
"How robust is the evidence on the effects of college quality? Evidence from matching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 99-124.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2003. "How Robust is the Evidence on the Effects of College Quality? Evidence From Matching," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20033, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Banerjee, Dyuti S. & Gaston, Noel, 2004. "Labour market signalling and job turnover revisited," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 599-622, October.
- Ilias Livanos & Çagri Yalkin & Imanol Nuñez, 2009. "Gender employment discrimination: Greece and the United Kingdom," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(8), pages 815-834, November.
- Cotton, Jeremiah, 1988. "On the Decomposition of Wage Differentials," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(2), pages 236-243, May.
- Wright, Robert E & Ermisch, John F, 1991.
"Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(406), pages 508-522, May.
- Ermisch, John F & Wright, Robert E, 1988. "Gender Discrimination in the British Labour Market: A Reassessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Bennett, Jessica, 2007. "Overeducation in the graduate labour market: A quantile regression approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 521-531, October.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 1998. "Discrimination and detailed decomposition in a logit model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-120, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abrar ul haq, Muhammad & Mehtab, Nadia & Khan, Tasneem, 2012. "Gender Disparity in Economic Returns to Higher Education: Evidence from Private Formal Sector of Bahawalpur (Pakistan)," MPRA Paper 62958, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Andreea Mirica, 2014. "Higher Education – A Solution To Unemployment? Case Study: Romania," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 62(3), pages 63-75, September.
- Gracia Serrano & Francisco Llamazares & F. Javier Otamendi, 2015. "Measurement and Sustainability of the Qualifications Frameworks in the European Higher Education Area through an Employment Survey on Access to the Labour Market," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-36, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrimination; graduates; gender;
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-10-09 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-10-09 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.