Trans fat and cardiovascular disease mortality: Evidence from bans in restaurants in New York
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jagmanaite, Evelina, 2008. "Getting rid of trans fats in the US diet: Policies, incentives and progress," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 497-503, December.
- Joseph E. Aldy & W. Kip Viscusi, 2008.
"Adjusting the Value of a Statistical Life for Age and Cohort Effects,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 573-581, August.
- Aldy, Joseph E. & Viscusi, W. Kip, 2006. "Adjusting the Value of a Statistical Life for Age and Cohort Effects," Discussion Papers dp-06-19, Resources For the Future.
- Lin, Biing-Hwan & Guthrie, Joanne F., 2012. "Nutritional Quality of Food Prepared at Home and Away From Home, 1977-2008," Economic Information Bulletin 142361, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- William N. Evans & Timothy J. Moore, 2012. "Liquidity, Economic Activity, and Mortality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 400-418, May.
- Evans, William N. & Moore, Timothy J., 2011.
"The short-term mortality consequences of income receipt,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1410-1424.
- William N. Evans & Timothy J. Moore, 2009. "The Short-Term Mortality Consequences of Income Receipt," NBER Working Papers 15311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2000. "Are Recessions Good for Your Health?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 617-650.
- Scott Adams & Chad Cotti & Daniel Fuhrmann, 2013. "The short-term impact of smoke-free workplace laws on fatal heart attacks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(11), pages 1381-1393, April.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
- Michael J. Moore, 1996. "Death and Tobacco Taxes," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 415-248, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsTrans fat; Restaurant; Ban; Cardiovascular disease; Mortality;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:45:y:2016:i:c:p:176-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.