Why can collective action fail in Local Agri-food Systems? A social network analysis of cheese producers in Aculco, Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joan Crespo & Raphael Suire & Jerome Vicente, 2014.
"Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 199-219, January.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2012. "Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience?," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201221, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2014. "Lock-in or lock-out ? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience," Post-Print halshs-00815895, HAL.
- Joan Crespo & Raphael Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2012. "Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1204, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2012.
- Barham, James & Chitemi, Clarence, 2009. "Collective action initiatives to improve marketing performance: Lessons from farmer groups in Tanzania," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-59, February.
- Sara Gorgoni & Carlo Pietrobelli, 2010. "Networks, knowledge flows and innovation in the Chilean meat sector," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(2), pages 159-178.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Altenburg, Tilman & Meyer-Stamer, JORG, 1999. "How to Promote Clusters: Policy Experiences from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1693-1713, September.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & DiGregorio, Monica & McCarthy, Nancy, 2004.
"Methods for studying collective action in rural development,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 197-214, December.
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Di Gregorio, Monica & McCarthy, Nancy, 2004. "Methods for studying collective action in rural development:," CAPRi working papers 33, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Denis Requier-Desjardins & FranÇOis Boucher & Claire Cerdan, 2003. "Globalization, competitive advantages and the evolution of production systems: rural food processing and localized agri-food systems in Latin-American countries," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Irene van Staveren & Peter Knorringa, 2007. "Unpacking social capital in Economic Development: How social relations matter," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 65(1), pages 107-135.
- David Spielman & Kristin Davis & Martha Negash & Gezahegn Ayele, 2011.
"Rural innovation systems and networks: findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders,"
Agriculture and Human Values,
Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Spielman, David J. & Davis, Kristin E. & Negash, Martha & Ayele, Gezahegn, 2008. "Rural innovation systems and networks: Findings from a study of Ethiopian smallholders," IFPRI discussion papers 759, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Henson, Spencer & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Kurt Annen, 2001. "Inclusive and Exclusive Social Capital in the Small-Firm Sector in Developing Countries," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 157(2), pages 319-319, June.
- John Skvoretz & Filip Agneessens, 2007. "Reciprocity, Multiplexity, and Exchange: Measures," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 341-357, June.
- James Moody & Douglas R. White, 2000. "Structural Cohesion and Embeddedness: A Hierarchical Conception of Social Groups," Working Papers 00-08-049, Santa Fe Institute.
- Markelova, Helen & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Hellin, Jon & Dohrn, Stephan, 2009. "Collective action for smallholder market access," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-7, February.
- Classen, Lauren & Humphries, Sally & FitzSimons, John & Kaaria, Susan & Jiménez, José & Sierra, Fredy & Gallardo, Omar, 2008. "Opening Participatory Spaces for the Most Marginal: Learning from Collective Action in the Honduran Hillsides," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2402-2420, November.
- Dentoni, Domenico & Menozzi, Davide & Capelli, Maria Giacinta, 2012. "Group heterogeneity and cooperation on the geographical indication regulation: The case of the “Prosciutto di Parma” Consortium," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 207-216.
- Espinosa-Ayala, E. & Arriaga-Jordan, C.M. & Boucher, Francois & Espinoza-Ortega, A., 2010. "La copetitividad de un Sistema Agroalimentario Localizado productor de quesos en el Altiplano Central de México," 116th Seminar, October 27-30, 2010, Parma, Italy 95016, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hellin, Jon & Lundy, Mark & Meijer, Madelon, 2009. "Farmer organization, collective action and market access in Meso-America," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 16-22, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imbert, Enrica & Morone, Piergiuseppe & Bigi, Francesca, 2016. "Assessing the potential of social enterprises through social network analysis: Evidence from Albania," MPRA Paper 78115, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9725-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCollective action; Social capital; Social networks; Developing countries; Agri-food industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:46:y:2014:i:c:p:165-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.