Smallholder Farmers and Collective Action: What Determines the Intensity of Participation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tadesse, G. & Badiane, O., 2018. "The Boundary of Agricultural Marketing Cooperatives in Africa: A Conceptual framework and empirical evidence from Ethiopia," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276964, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Delelegne Abera Tefera & Jos Bijman & Maja Slingerland & Gerben Velde & Onno Omta, 2020. "Quality Improvement in African Food Supply Chains: Determinants of Farmer Performance," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(1), pages 152-175, January.
- Sibiko, Kenneth W. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2016.
"Small Farmers’ Preferences for Weather Index Insurance: Insights from Kenya,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
246399, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Sibiko, Kenneth W. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Small Farmers' Preferences for Weather Index Insurance: Insights from Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 256213, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- De Noni, Ivan & Orsi, Luigi & Corsi, Stefano, 2017. "The Collective Action as Potential Driver of Bottom-up Reconfiguration from Captive to Relational Value Chain. The Case Study of the Northern District in Sierra Leone," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 8(4), October.
- Smaïl Amghrous & Damien Rousselière, 2019.
"L’implication des agriculteurs dans les coopératives dans un pays en transition vers une économie de marché : Une application aux coopératives agricoles de services algériennes,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 31(4), pages 724-749, September.
- Smaïl Amghrous & Damien Rousselière, 2019. "L’implication des agriculteurs dans les coopératives dans un pays en transition vers une économie de marché : Une application aux coopératives agricoles de services algériennes," Post-Print hal-01937089, HAL.
- Hao, Jinghui & Heerink, Nico & Heijman, Wim & Bijman, Jos, 2017. "Cooperatives Membership And Smallholder Farmers’ Welfare - Evidence From Shaanxi And Shandong Provinces, China," 2017 International Congress, August 28-September 1, 2017, Parma, Italy 260914, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gezahegn, T.W. & Maertens, M., 2018. "Economic Incentives for Collective Action in Agriculture: Evidence from Agricultural Co-operatives in Tigray, North Ethiopia," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277137, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Uttam Khanal & Clevo Wilson & Viet-Ngu Hoang & Boon Lee, 2019. "Impact of community-based organizations on climate change adaptation in agriculture: empirical evidence from Nepal," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 621-635, April.
- Daniel Micheal Okello & Jackline Bonabana-Wabbi & Basil Mugonola, 2019. "Farm level allocative efficiency of rice production in Gulu and Amuru districts, Northern Uganda," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Tsegaye T. Gatiso, 2019. "Households’ dependence on community forest and their contribution to participatory forest management: evidence from rural Ethiopia," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 181-197, February.
- Bobojonov, Ihtiyor & Teuber, Ramona & Hasanov, Shavkat & Urutyan, Vardan & Glauben, Thomas, 2016. "Farmers’ export market participation decisions in transition economies: a comparative study between Armenia and Uzbekistan," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 25-35.
- Ellen Verhofstadt & Miet Maertens, 2014. "Smallholder cooperatives and agricultural performance in Rwanda: do organizational differences matter?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 39-52, November.
- Saint Ville, Arlette S. & Hickey, Gordon M. & Phillip, Leroy E., 2017. "How do stakeholder interactions influence national food security policy in the Caribbean? The case of Saint Lucia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 53-64.
- Jan Falkowski & Pavel Ciaian, 2016. "Factors Supporting the Development of Producer Organizations and their Impacts in the Light of Ongoing Changes in Food Supply Chains: A Literature Review," JRC Working Papers JRC101617, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Wambua, Dennis Kyalo, 2017. "Influence Of Social Capital And Networks On Marketing Performance Of Smallholder Grain Farmer Groups In Tharaka North And Tharaka South Sub-Counties, Kenya," Research Theses 276430, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Nthambi, Mary & Wätzold, Frank & Markova-Nenova, Nonka, 2018. "Quantifying benefit losses from poor governance of climate change adaptation projects: A discrete choice experiment with farmers in Kenya," MPRA Paper 94678, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larochelle, Catherine & Alwang, Jeffrey, 2015. "Explaining Marketing Strategies among Bolivian Potato Farmers," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 54(3), pages 1-24, September.
- Jasper GRASHUIS & Ye SU, 2019. "A Review Of The Empirical Literature On Farmer Cooperatives: Performance, Ownership And Governance, Finance, And Member Attitude," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(1), pages 77-102, March.
- Filippa Pyk & Assem Abu Hatab, 2018. "Fairtrade and Sustainability: Motivations for Fairtrade Certification among Smallholder Coffee Growers in Tanzania," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-18, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:65:y:2014:i:3:p:683-702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.