Is there a pilot in the chain? Identifying the key drivers of change in the fresh pineapple sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Palpacuer, Florence & Gibbon, Peter & Thomsen, Lotte, 2005. "New Challenges for Developing Country Suppliers in Global Clothing Chains: A Comparative European Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 409-430, March.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- Berdegue, Julio A. & Balsevich, Fernando & Flores, Luis & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Central American supermarkets' private standards of quality and safety in procurement of fresh fruits and vegetables," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 254-269, June.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2005. "Minimum quality standards, premium private labels, and European meat and fresh produce retailing," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 270-283, June.
- David A. Hennessy, 1996.
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Barrientos, Stephanie & Dolan, Catherine & Tallontire, Anne, 2003. "A Gendered Value Chain Approach to Codes of Conduct in African Horticulture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1511-1526, September.
- David L. Levy, 2005. "Offshoring in the New Global Political Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 685-693, May.
- Krisnawati Suryanata, 2000. "Products from paradise: The social construction of Hawaii crops," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 17(2), pages 181-189, June.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996.
"Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Vertical Integration,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10422, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A., 1997. "Information Asymmetry As A Reason For Vertical Integration," Strategy and Policy in the Food System: Emerging Issues, June 20-21, 1996, Washington, D.C. 25945, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- David A. HENNESSY, 1997. "Information Asymmetry As A Reason For Vertical Integration," Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project 963, University of Massachusetts.
- Catherine Dolan & John Humphrey, 2004. "Changing governance patterns in the trade in fresh vegetables between Africa and the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(3), pages 491-509, March.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suzuki, Aya & Jarvis, Lovell S. & Sexton, Richard J., 2011. "Partial Vertical Integration, Risk Shifting, and Product Rejection in the High-Value Export Supply Chain: The Ghana Pineapple Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1611-1623, September.
- Gansemans, A. & D'Haese, M., 2018. "Flying under the radar: The impact of plantation workers job insecurity on perceived labour agency," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277742, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mañé Estrada, Aurèlia & Soldevila Lafon, Maria Victòria & Cámara Arilla, Carmen de la & Puig Gómez, Albert, 2012. "New stakeholders, spaces and instruments of analysis in the context of energy relationships: Case studies from Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan," Working Papers 2072/203154, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Marie Dervillé & Andrea Fink-Kessler & Aurelie Trouvé & Ikram Abdouttalib & Jean Pierre del Corso & Charilaos Kephaliacos & Caetano Luiz Beber & Geneviève N'Guyen, 2018. "Comment peut se construire la compétitivité des exploitations laitières aujourd’hui ?," Working Papers hal-02329036, HAL.
- Belton, Ben & Haque, Mohammad Mahfujul & Little, David C. & Sinh, Le Xuan, 2011. "Certifying catfish in Vietnam and Bangladesh: Who will make the grade and will it matter?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 289-299, April.
- Subervie, Julie & Vagneron, Isabelle, 2013. "A Drop of Water in the Indian Ocean? The Impact of GlobalGap Certification on Lychee Farmers in Madagascar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 57-73.
- Subervie, Julie & Vagneron, Isabelle, 2012. "Can Fresh Produce Farmers Benefit from Global Gap Certification? The case of lychee producers in Madagascar," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126704, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kleemann, Linda, 2014.
"Knowing where organic markets move next: An analysis of developing countries in the pineapple market,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 8, pages 1-34.
- Kleemann, Linda, 2013. "Knowing where organic markets move next: An analysis of developing countries in the pineapple market," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-10, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:108:y:2018:i:c:p:131-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kleemann, Linda & Effenberger, Alexandra, 2010. "Price transmission in the pineapple market: What role for organic fruit?," Kiel Working Papers 1626, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:cog:poango:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:93-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suzuki, Aya, 2014. "Risk on Dynamic Behavior of Farmers in the Export Market: A Case from the Pineapple Industry in Ghana," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170665, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Neil M. Coe & Martin Hess, 2013. "Economic and social upgrading in global logistics," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2013-38, GDI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal value chains Innovation Pineapple Costa Rica Cote d'Ivoire;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:5:p:437-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.