Information Asymmetry As A Reason For Vertical Integration
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Vertical Integration." In the Proceedings of the NE-165 Conference titled Strategy and Policy in the Food System: Emerging Issues, Washington, D.C., June 20-21, 1996
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.umass.edu/ne165/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James W. Meehan & Eric S. Rosengren, 1993.
"Empirical evidence on vertical foreclosure,"
93-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1987. "Contract Duration and Relationship-Specific Investments: Empirical Evidence from Coal Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 168-85, March.
- Hurt, Christopher, 1994. "Industrialization in the Pork Industry," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 9(4).
- Clement E. Ward, 1993. "Comparative analysis of cattle slaughtering and fabricating costs," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 441-451.
- V. James Rhodes, 1993. "Industrialization of Agriculture: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1137-1139.
- Mercier, Stephanie & Hyberg, Bengt, 1995. "Grain Quality Revisited," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 10(1).
- Rotemberg, Julio J, 1991. "A Theory of Inefficient Intrafirm Transactions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 191-209, March.
- Nancy E. Bockstael, 1984. "The Welfare Implications of Minimum Quality Standards," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(4), pages 466-471.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:84:y:1970:i:3:p:488-500 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1975. "Vertical Integration and Communication," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 173-183, Spring.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1971. "The Vertical Integration of Production: Market Failure Considerations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 112-23, May.
- Hirshleifer, David, 1989. "Futures Trading, Storage, and the Division of Risk: A Multiperiod Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 700-719, September.
- Caswell, Julie A & Jensen, Helen H., 1994. "Food Safety and Nutrition Policy," Staff General Research Papers 841, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Drabenstott, Mark, 1994. "Industrialization: Steady Current or Tidal Wave?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 9(4).
- Alan Barkema, 1993. "Reaching Consumers in the Twenty-First Century: The Short Way Around the Barn," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1126-1131.
- D. W. Carlton, 1976.
"Vertical Integration in Competitive Markets Under Uncertainty,"
174, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Carlton, Dennis W, 1979. "Vertical Integration in Competitive Markets under Uncertainty," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 189-209, March.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1985.
"Vertical Integration and Long-term Contracts: The Case of Coal-burning Electric Generating Plants,"
Journal of Law, Economics and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 33-80, Spring.
- Paul Joskow, 1984. "Vertical Integration and Long Term Contracts: The Case of Coal Burning Electric Generating Plants," Working papers 361, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:rpssiw:25945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.