The EU entry price system for fresh fruits and vegetables - Paper tiger or powerful market barrier?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1992.
"On the Behaviour of Commodity Prices,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 1-23.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1990. "On The Behavior of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 3439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Chemnitz, Christine & Grethe, Harald, 2005. "EU Trade Preferences for Moroccan Tomato Exports--Who Benefits?," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24686, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martinez-Gomez, Victor, 2007. "Assessing Euro-Med trade preferences: the case of entry price reduction," MPRA Paper 1865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martin, Elisa & de Gorter, Harry, 1999. "The Agreement On Agriculture And The Cap: The Reform Of The Fruit And Vegetable Import Regime," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21636, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Goetz, Linde & Grethe, Harald, 2006. "The EU's Import Regime for Oranges - Much Ado about Nothing?," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25604, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Peter Gibbon, 2003. "Value-chain Governance, Public Regulation and Entry Barriers in the Global Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Chain into the EU," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(5-6), pages 615-625, December.
- Garcia Alvarez-Coque, Jose-Maria & Martinez-Gomez, Victor, 2007. "Assessing Euro-Med Trade Preferences: The Case of Entry Price Reduction," Working Papers 7293, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- Bunte, Frank H.J., 2005. "Liberalising EU Imports for Fruits and Vegetables," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24473, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cioffi, Antonio & dell'Aquila, Crescenzo, 2004. "The effects of trade policies for fresh fruit and vegetables of the European Union," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 169-185, April.
- Swinbank, Alan & Ritson, Christopher, 1995. "The impact of the GATT agreement on EU fruit and vegetable policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 339-357, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:10:p:2277-2300 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Cioffi, Antonio, 2. "Transmission Of Market Crises In The European Vegetables Sector," Politica Agricola Internazionale - International Agricultural Policy, Edizioni Lâ€™Informatore Agrario, issue 2.
- Jose-Maria Garcia-Alvarez-Coque & Victor Martinez-Gomez & Miquel Villanueva, 2010. "Seasonal protection of F&V imports in the EU: impacts of the entry price system," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 205-218, March.
- Valenciano, Jaime de Pablo & Battistuzzi, Miguel Angel Giacinti & AzcarÃ¡te, TomÃ¡s GarcÃa, 0. ""Banana War" And World Trade Changes," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3.
- Márquez-Ramos, Laura & Martinez-Gomez, Victor, 2014. "A gravity assessment of Moroccan F&V monthly exports to EU countries: The effect of trade preferences revisited," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182951, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boulanger, Pierre & Kavallari, Aikaterini & M'barek, Robert & Rau, Marie Luise & Rutten, Martine, 2015. "Options to improve food security in North Africa: CGE modelling of deeper trade and investment integration with the European Union," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211366, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kareem, Fatima Olanike & Brümmer, Bernhard & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2015. "The Implication of European Union’s Food Regulations on Developing Countries: Food Safety Standards, Entry Price System and Africa’s Export," Discussion Papers 198719, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Goetz, Linde & Grethe, Harald, 2009. "The Relevance of the EU Entry Price System for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Exports from China to the EU," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53758, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Cioffi, Antonio & Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Vitale, Cosimo, 2009. "The Price Stabilisation Effects of the EU import regime of fruit and vegetables: the case of tomatoes," MPRA Paper 25718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emlinger, Charlotte & Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Jacquet, Florence, 2010. "Fruit and vegetable access to EU markets: Dissecting tariffs faced by Mediterranean countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 599-611, December.
- Codron, Jean-Marie & Adanacioğlu, Hakan & Aubert, Magali & Bouhsina, Zouhair & El Mekki, Abdelkader Ait & Rousset, Sylvain & Tozanli, Selma & Yercan, Murat, 2014.
"The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: The case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 268-280.
- Codron, J.M. & Adanacioglu, H. & Aubert, M. & Bouhsina, Z. & El Mekki, A.A. & Rousset, S. & Tozanli, S. & Yercan, M., 2016. "The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: the case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey," Working Papers MOISA 201603, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- Cioffi, Antonio & Santeramo, Fabio G., 2011. "The entry price threshold in EU F&V sector: deterrence or effective barrier?," 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy 99432, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Goetz, Linde & Grethe, Harald, 2010. "The entry price system for fresh fruit and vegetable exports from China to the EU -- Breaking a fly on the wheel?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 377-393, September.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Cioffi, Antonio, 2012.
"The entry price threshold in EU agriculture: Deterrent or barrier?,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 691-704.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Cioffi, Antonio, 2012. "The entry price threshold in EU agriculture: deterrent or barrier?," MPRA Paper 36431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tesanovic, Dragan & Vuksanovic, Nikola & Kalenjuk, Bojana & Vukic, Milorad & Gagic, Snjezana, 2013. "Danube Tourist Ships As An Opportunity For Export Of Agricultural And Food Products," Economics of Agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Economics, vol. 60(1).
More about this item
KeywordsEntry price system Fruits and vegetables Import policy EU Non-tariff barriers Minimum import price;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:1:p:81-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.