Creating an enabling environment: policy conditions for less-favored areas
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2004. "Returns to investment in less-favored areas in developing countries: a synthesis of evidence and implications for Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 431-444, August.
- World Bank, 2003. "Reaching the Rural Poor : A Renewed Strategy for Rural Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14084, February.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1995. "Policy lessons from development experience since the Second World War," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 40, pages 2497-2550 Elsevier.
- Renkow, Mitch & Hallstrom, Daniel G. & Karanja, Daniel D., 2004. "Rural infrastructure, transactions costs and market participation in Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 349-367, February.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gulati, Ashok, 2002.
"Globalization and the smallholders,"
MTID discussion papers
50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenngen & Hazell, Peter & Haque, T., 2000. "Targeting public investments by agro-ecological zone to achieve growth and poverty alleviation goals in rural India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 411-428, August.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2002.
"Externalities in rural development - evidence for China,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2879, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "Externalities in Rural Development: Evidence for China," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bulte, Erwin & van Soest, Daan, 1999. "A note on soil depth, failing markets and agricultural pricing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 245-254, February.
- Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd & Kruseman, Gideon, 1998. "Technology, market policies and institutional reform for sustainable land use in southern Mali," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 53-62, September.
- Mearns, Robin, 1999. "Access to land in rural India - policy issues and options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2123, The World Bank.
- Skees, Jerry & Hazell, P. B. R. & Miranda, Mario, 1999. "New approaches to crop yield insurance in developing countries:," EPTD discussion papers 55, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ruben, Ruerd & Pender, John, 2004. "Rural diversity and heterogeneity in less-favoured areas: the quest for policy targeting," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 303-320, August.
- Ernst Lutz, 1992. "Agricultural trade liberalization, price changes, and environmental effects," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 79-89, January.
- Dembele, Niama Nango & Staatz, John M., 1999. "The Impact Of Market Reform On Agricultural Transformation In Mali," Staff Papers 11717, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Ruben, Ruerd & Kruseman, Gideon, 1998. "Technology, market policies and institutional reform for sustainable land use in southern Mali," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 19(1-2), September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:29:y:2004:i:4:p:407-429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.