Returns to investment in less-favored areas in developing countries: a synthesis of evidence and implications for Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Minot, Nicholas, 2000. "Generating Disaggregated Poverty Maps: An Application to Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 319-331, February.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Reforms, Investment, and Poverty in Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 395-421, January.
- Pender, John L. & Place, Frank & Ehui, Simeon K., 1999. "Strategies for sustainable agricultural development in the East African highlands:," EPTD discussion papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenngen & Hazell, Peter & Haque, T., 2000. "Targeting public investments by agro-ecological zone to achieve growth and poverty alleviation goals in rural India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 411-428, August.
- Fan, Shenggen & Hazell, P. B. R., 1999. "Are returns to public investment lower in less-favored rural areas?: an empirical analysis of India," EPTD discussion papers 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Byerlee, Derek & Morris, Michael, 1993. "Research for marginal environments : Are we underinvested?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 381-393, October.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2002. "Growth, inequality, and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," Research reports 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sharma, Manohar & Garcia, Marito & Qureshi, Aamir & Brown, Lynn R., 1996. "Overcoming malnutrition: is there an ecoregional dimension?," 2020 vision discussion papers 10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Khan, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hanjra, Munir A. & Hafeez, Mohsin & Asghar, Muhammad Nadeem, 2008. "Evaluating the impact of Tax-for-Fee reform (Fei Gai Shui) on water resources and agriculture production in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 576-586, December.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2008.
"Access to irrigation and the escape from poverty: Evidence from Northern Mali,"
IFPRI discussion papers
782, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dillon, A., 2008. "Access to irrigation and the escape from poverty: evidence from northern Mali," IWMI Working Papers H043847, International Water Management Institute.
- Faye, Issa & Deininger, Klaus W., 2005. "Do new delivery systems improve extension access? Evidence from rural Uganda," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19405, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lang, Corey & Barrett, Christopher B. & Naschold, Felix, 2013. "Targeting Maps: An Asset-Based Approach to Geographic Targeting," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 232-244.
- Chomitz, Kenneth M. & da Mata, Daniel & de Carvalho, Alexandre Ywata & Magalhaes, Joao Carlos, 2005. "Spatial dynamics of labor markets in Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3752, The World Bank.
- Alexandre Carvalho & Daniel da Mata & Kenneth M. Chomitz & João Carlos Magalhães, 2005. "Spatial Dynamics of Labor Markets in Brazil," Discussion Papers 1110, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Escobal, Javier, 2005. "The Role of Public Infraestructure in Market Development in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbier, Edward B. & Hochard, Jacob P., 2014. "Poverty and the spatial distribution of rural population," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7101, The World Bank.
- Stifel, David & Minten, Bart, 2015. "Market Access, Welfare, and Nutrition: Evidence from Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lawrence Haddad, 2015. "Equity: Not Only for Idealists," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 33(1), pages 5-13, January.
- Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2004. "Creating an enabling environment: policy conditions for less-favored areas," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 407-429, August.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
- Kenneth M. Chomitz & Daniel da Mata & Alexandre Carvalho & João Carlos Magalhães, 2015. "Spatial Dynamics of Labor Markets in Brazil," Discussion Papers 0153, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:29:y:2004:i:4:p:431-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.