Targeting Maps: An Asset-Based Approach to Geographic Targeting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Ellis & H Ade Freeman, 2004. "Rural Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction Strategies in Four African Countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1-30.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- David Coady, 2004. "Targeting Outcomes Redux," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 61-85.
- Somik V. Lall & Elizabeth Schroeder & Emily Schmidt, 2014.
"Identifying Spatial Efficiency-Equity Trade-offs in Territorial Development Policies: Evidence from Uganda,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(12), pages 1717-1733, December.
- Lall, Somik V. & Schroeder, Elizabeth & Schmidt, Emily, 2009. "Identifying spatial efficiency-equity tradeoffs in territorial development policies : evidence from Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4966, The World Bank.
- David Coady, 2006. "The Welfare Returns to Finer Targeting: The Case of The Progresa Program in Mexico," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(2), pages 217-239, May.
- Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter & Leite, Phillippe George, 2008. "Brazil within Brazil : testing the poverty map methodology in Minas Gerais," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4513, The World Bank.
- Demombynes, Gabriel & Ozler, Berk, 2005. "Crime and local inequality in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 265-292, April.
- Kam, Suan-Pheng & Hossain, Mahabub & Bose, Manik Lal & Villano, Lorena S., 2005. "Spatial patterns of rural poverty and their relationship with welfare-influencing factors in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5-6), pages 551-567.
- Baker, Judy L. & Grosh, Margaret E., 1994. "Poverty reduction through geographic targeting: How well does it work?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 983-995, July.
- Michelle Adato & Michael Carter & Julian May, 2006. "Exploring poverty traps and social exclusion in South Africa using qualitative and quantitative data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 226-247.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2004. "Returns to investment in less-favored areas in developing countries: a synthesis of evidence and implications for Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 431-444, August.
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2008.
"Transfers in Cash and In-Kind: Theory Meets the Data,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 333-383, June.
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2007. "Transfers in Cash and In Kind: Theory Meets the Data," NBER Working Papers 13557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Tarozzi & Angus Deaton, 2009. "Using Census and Survey Data to Estimate Poverty and Inequality for Small Areas," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(4), pages 773-792, November.
- Elbers, Chris & Fujii, Tomoki & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2007.
"Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting: How much does disaggregation help?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 198-213, May.
- Elbers, Chris & Tomoki Fujii & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2004. "Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting : how much does disaggregation help?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3419, The World Bank.
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian, 2001. "One Kind of Freedom: Poverty Dynamics in Post-apartheid South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 1987-2006, December.
- Raballand, Gael & Macchi, Patricia & Merotto, Dino & Petracco, Carly, 2009. "Revising the roads investment strategy in rural areas : an application for Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5036, The World Bank.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Barrett, Christopher B. & Just, David R., 2009. "Do Free Goods Stick to Poor Households? Experimental Evidence on Insecticide Treated Bednets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 607-617, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tesfaye, Kindie & Sonder, Kai & Cairns, Jill & Magorokosho, Cosmos & Tarekegn, Amsal & Kassie, Girma T. & Getaneh, Fite & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Abate, Tsedeke & Erenstein, Olaf, 2016. "Targeting Drought-Tolerant Maize Varieties in Southern Africa: A Geospatial Crop Modeling Approach Using Big Data," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(A).
- Jonas Helth Lønborg & Ole Dahl Rasmussen, 2013. "Can Microfinance Reach the Poorest: Evidence from a Community-Managed Microfinance Intervention," Study Papers 55, Rockwool Foundation Research Unit.
More about this item
Keywordsgeographic targeting; assets; poverty maps; spatial variation; Uganda;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:41:y:2013:i:c:p:232-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .