Spatial patterns of rural poverty and their relationship with welfare-influencing factors in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2005. "Imputed welfare estimates in regression analysis," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 101-118, January.
- Ravallion, Martin & Sen, Binayak, 1996. "When Method Matters: Monitoring Poverty in Bangladesh," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 761-792, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manoranjan Ghosh & Somnath Ghosal, 2021. "Climate change vulnerability of rural households in flood-prone areas of Himalayan foothills, West Bengal, India," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 2570-2595, February.
- Jad Chaaban & Hala Ghattas & Alexandra Irani & Alban Thomas, 2018.
"Targeting mechanisms for cash transfers using regional aggregates,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(2), pages 457-472, April.
- Chaaban, Jad M. & Ghattas, Hala & Irani, Alexandra & Thomas, Alban, 2018. "Targeting mechanisms for cash transfers using regional aggregates," TSE Working Papers 18-896, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Jad Chaaban & Hala Ghattas & Alexandra Irani & Alban Thomas, 2018. "Targeting mechanisms for cash transfers using regional aggregates," Post-Print hal-01889275, HAL.
- Kifayat Ullah & M. Tariq Majeed & Ghulam Mustafa, 2020. "Exploring Spatial Patterns and Determinants of Poverty: New Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 59(3), pages 439-459.
- Azzarri, Carlo & Signorelli, Sara, 2020. "Climate and poverty in Africa South of the Sahara," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Hossain, Monzur & Yoshino, Naoyuki & Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad, 2021. "Optimal branching strategy, local financial development, and SMEs’ performance," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 421-432.
- Kamar Ali & Mark D. Partridge & M. Rose Olfert, 2007. "Can Geographically Weighted Regressions Improve Regional Analysis and Policy Making?," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 30(3), pages 300-329, July.
- Sven Müller, 2012. "Identifying spatial nonstationarity in German regional firm start-up data," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 32(2), pages 113-132, September.
- Jin, Gui & Guo, Baishu & Deng, Xiangzheng, 2020. "Is there a decoupling relationship between CO2 emission reduction and poverty alleviation in China?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Stephen Haslett & Jarkko Isotalo & Yonghui Liu & Simo Puntanen, 2014. "Equalities between OLSE, BLUE and BLUP in the linear model," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 543-561, May.
- Zhixi Xu & Zhongliang Cai & Shufan Wu & Xinran Huang & Ji Liu & Junying Sun & Shiliang Su & Min Weng, 2019. "Identifying the Geographic Indicators of Poverty Using Geographically Weighted Regression: A Case Study from Qiandongnan Miao and Dong Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou, China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 142(3), pages 947-970, April.
- Andi Syah Putra & Guangji Tong & Didit Okta Pribadi, 2020. "Spatial Analysis of Socio-Economic Driving Factors of Food Expenditure Variation between Provinces in Indonesia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(4), pages 1-18, February.
- Murakami, Tomoaki & Nakajima, Shinsaku & Takahashi, Taro & Nishihara, Yukinaga & Imai, Asako & Kikushima, Ryousuke & Sato, Takeshi, 2014. "Spatially Varying Impacts of Farmers Markets on Agricultural Land Use," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170668, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Guoyin Xu & Tong Zhao & Rong Wang, 2022. "Research on the Efficiency Measurement and Spatial Spillover Effect of China’s Regional E-Commerce Poverty Alleviation from the Perspective of Sustainable Development," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(14), pages 1-18, July.
- Lang, Corey & Barrett, Christopher B. & Naschold, Felix, 2013. "Targeting Maps: An Asset-Based Approach to Geographic Targeting," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 232-244.
- Bernhard G. Gunter & Atiq Rahman & A. F. M. Ataur Rahman, 2008. "How Vulnerable are Bangladesh’s Indigenous People to Climate Change?," Bangladesh Development Research Working Paper Series (BDRWPS) BDRWPS No. 1, Bangladesh Development Research Center (BDRC).
- Tisdell, Clement A., 2006. "Bangladesh's Performance and the Millennium Development Goals: A Sketch of Progress," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123454, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Wrenn, Douglas H. & Sam, Abdoul G., 2014. "Geographically and temporally weighted likelihood regression: Exploring the spatiotemporal determinants of land use change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 60-74.
- Binyan Wang & Junfeng Tian & Peifeng Yang & Baojie He, 2021. "Multi-Scale Features of Regional Poverty and the Impact of Geographic Capital: A Case Study of Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province, China," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2012. "Natural capital, ecological scarcity and rural poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6232, The World Bank.
- Li Ma & Shijun Wang & Anders Wästfelt, 2022. "The Poverty of Farmers in a Main Grain-Producing Area in Northeast China," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-16, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Benson, Todd & Chamberlin, Jordan & Rhinehart, Ingrid, 2005. "An investigation of the spatial determinants of the local prevalence of poverty in rural Malawi," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5-6), pages 532-550.
- Benson, Todd & Chamberlin, Jordan & Rhinehart, Ingrid, 2005. "Why the poor in rural Malawi are where they are: An Analysis of the Spatial Determinants of the Local Prevalence of Poverty," FCND discussion papers 198, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tomoki Fujii, 2013.
"Geographic decomposition of inequality in health and wealth: evidence from Cambodia,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(3), pages 373-392, September.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth: Evidence from Cambodia," Working Papers 24-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2007. "Geographic Decomposition of Inequality in Health and Wealth : Evidence from Cambodia," Microeconomics Working Papers 22418, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Brown, Caitlin & Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 2018.
"A poor means test? Econometric targeting in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 109-124.
- Caitlin Brown & Martin Ravallion & Dominique van de Walle, 2016. "A Poor Means Test? Econometric Targeting in Africa," NBER Working Papers 22919, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown,Caitlin Susan & Ravallion,Martin & Van De Walle,Dominique & Brown,Caitlin Susan & Ravallion,Martin & Van De Walle,Dominique, 2016. "A poor means test ? econometric targeting in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7915, The World Bank.
- Araujo, M. Caridad & Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Lanjouw, Peter & Özler, Berk, 2008.
"Local inequality and project choice: Theory and evidence from Ecuador,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1022-1046, June.
- Araujo, M. Caridad & Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk, 2006. "Local inequality and project choice : theory and evidence from Ecuador," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3997, The World Bank.
- Sims, Katharine R.E., 2010. "Conservation and development: Evidence from Thai protected areas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-114, September.
- Nguyen Viet CUONG, 2008. "Is A Governmental Micro‐Credit Program For The Poor Really Pro‐Poor? Evidence From Vietnam," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(2), pages 151-187, June.
- Ethan Ligon & Laura Schechter, 2003.
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 95-102, March.
- Ligon, Ethan & Schechter, Laura, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19899, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ligon, Ethan & Laura Schechter, 2002. "Measuring Vulnerability," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 128, Royal Economic Society.
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2013.
"Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 167-191, June.
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2012. "Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia," Working Papers 102, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Channing Arndt & Azhar M. Hussain & Vincenzo Salvucci & Finn Tarp & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2016.
"Poverty Mapping Based on First‐Order Dominance with an Example from Mozambique,"
Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Arndt, Channing & Hussain, M. Azhar & Salvucci, Vincenzo & Tarp, Finn & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2015. "Poverty mapping based on first order dominance with an example from Mozambique," Discussion Papers on Economics 15/2015, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Economics.
- Channing Arndt & M. Azhar Hussain & Vincenzo Salvucci & Finn Tarp & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2015. "Poverty mapping based on first order dominance with an example from Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2015-105, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ospina Peralta, Pablo & Hollenstein, Patric, 2015. "Territorial Coalitions and Rural Dynamics in Ecuador. Why History Matters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 85-95.
- World Bank, 2002. "Poverty in Bangladesh : Building on Progress," World Bank Publications - Reports 15303, The World Bank Group.
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & James Wirth & Kathy Macías & Parke Wilde, 2007. "Mapping Hunder: A Report on Mapping Malnutrition Prevalence in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Panama," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 34, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Elbers, Chris & Fujii, Tomoki & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2007.
"Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting: How much does disaggregation help?,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 198-213, May.
- Elbers, Chris & Tomoki Fujii & Lanjouw, Peter & Ozler, Berk & Yin, Wesley, 2004. "Poverty alleviation through geographic targeting : how much does disaggregation help?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3419, The World Bank.
- Stefano Marchetti & Maciej Beręsewicz & Nicola Salvati & Marcin Szymkowiak & Łukasz Wawrowski, 2018. "The use of a three‐level M‐quantile model to map poverty at local administrative unit 1 in Poland," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 181(4), pages 1077-1104, October.
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2006.
"Focused Targeting Against Poverty Evidence From Tunisia,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2006-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2007. "Focused Targeting against Poverty Evidence from Tunisia," Working Papers DT/2007/07, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Christophe Muller & Sami Bibi, 2006. "Focused Targeting against Poverty Evidence from Tunisia," IDEP Working Papers 0602, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Apr 2006.
- Lanjouw, P. & Marra, M.R., 2018. "Urban poverty across the spectrum of Vietnam’s towns and cities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 295-306.
- Martin Ravallion, 2013. "The Idea of Antipoverty Policy," NBER Working Papers 19210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miguel, Edward & Roland, Gérard, 2011. "The long-run impact of bombing Vietnam," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 1-15, September.
- Guadarrama Sanz, Maria & Molina Peralta, Isabel & Rao, J. N. K., 2015. "A Comparison of Small Area Estimation Methods for Poverty Mapping," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws1505, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:30:y:2005:i:5-6:p:551-567. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.