An investigation of the spatial determinants of the local prevalence of poverty in rural Malawi
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Demombynes & Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw & Johan A. Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2002. "Producing an Improved Geographic Profile of Poverty: Methodology and Evidence from Three Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-39, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2005. "Imputed welfare estimates in regression analysis," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 101-118, January.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 2001. "Vulnerability : a view from different disciplines," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 23304, The World Bank.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Kienberger, 2012. "Spatial modelling of social and economic vulnerability to floods at the district level in Búzi, Mozambique," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(3), pages 2001-2019, December.
- Mussa, Richard, 2010. "Poverty and Inequality in Standards of Living in Malawi: Does Religious Affiliation Matter?," MPRA Paper 24438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2008.
"The Geographic Diversity of U.S. Nonmetropolitan Growth Dynamics: A Geographically Weighted Regression Approach,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 84(2), pages 241-266.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Kamar Ali & M. Rose Olfert, 2007. "The Geographic Diversity of U.S. Nonmetropolitan Growth Dynamics: A Geographically Weighted Regression Approach," Economics Working Paper Series 0704, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2018.
"Household and Contextual Indicators of Poverty in Tunisia: A Multilevel Analysis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 113-138, May.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2015. "Household and Contextual Indicators of Poverty in Tunisia: a Multilevel Analysis," Working Papers 968, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2015.
- Lewandowska-Gwarda Karolina, 2014. "Spatial Analysis Of Foreign Migration In Poland In 2012 Using Geographically Weighted Regression," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 17(4), pages 137-154, December.
- Fabio Humberto Sepúlveda Murillo & Jorge Chica Olmo & Norely Margarita Soto Builes, 2019. "Spatial Variability Analysis of Quality of Life and Its Determinants: A Case Study of Medellín, Colombia," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 144(3), pages 1233-1256, August.
- Stephen Matthews & Tse-Chuan Yang, 2012. "Mapping the results of local statistics," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 26(6), pages 151-166.
- Johannes Gräb & Michael Grimm, 2008.
"Spatial inequalities explained - Evidence from Burkina Faso,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
173, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Johannes Gräb & Michael Grimm, 2008. "Spatial Inequalities Explained: Evidence from Burkina Faso," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 843, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gräb, J. & Grimm, M., 2009. "Spatial inequalities explained: evidence from Burkina Faso," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18725, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & James Wirth & Kathy Macías & Parke Wilde, 2007. "Mapping Hunder in Panama: A Report on Mapping Malnutrition Prevalence," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 35, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Pécastaing, Nicolas & Dávalos, Jorge & Inga, Andy, 2018. "The effect of Peru's CDM investments on households’ welfare: An econometric approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 198-207.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Jarvis, Diane & Zakariyya, Nabeeh, 2019. "Spatial variations in contributors to life satisfaction: An Australian case study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 1-1.
- Dziauddin, Mohd Faris, 2019. "Estimating land value uplift around light rail transit stations in Greater Kuala Lumpur: An empirical study based on geographically weighted regression (GWR)," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 10-20.
- Russell, A.J.M. & GrÃ·tz, P.A. & Kriesemer, S.K. & Pemsl, D.E., 2008. "Recommendation domains for pond aquaculture: country case study: development and status of freshwater aquaculture in Malawi," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 37900, October.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Karyn Morrissey & John Lennon, 2014. "Spatial Microsimulation Modelling: a Review of Applications and Methodological Choices," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 7(1), pages 26-75.
- Mohamed Ayadi & Mohamed Amara, 2009. "Spatial Patterns and Geographic Determinants of Welfare and Poverty in Tunisia," Working Papers 478, Economic Research Forum, revised Mar 2009.
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & James Wirth & Kathy Macías & Parke Wilde, 2007. "Mapping Hunder: A Report on Mapping Malnutrition Prevalence in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, and Panama," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 34, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Wrenn, Douglas H. & Sam, Abdoul G., 2014. "Geographically and temporally weighted likelihood regression: Exploring the spatiotemporal determinants of land use change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 60-74.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2008. "Income and Price Elasticities of Food Demand and Nutrient Consumption in Malawi," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6349, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & James Wirth & Kathy Macías & Parke Wilde, 2007. "Mapping Hunger in Ecuador: A Report on Mapping Malnutrition Prevalence," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 9602, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:30:y:2005:i:5-6:p:532-550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.