Why the poor in rural Malawi are where they are: An Analysis of the Spatial Determinants of the Local Prevalence of Poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- Jolliffe, Dean, 2002. "Whose Education Matters in the Determination of Household Income? Evidence from a Developing Country," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 287-312, January.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2005. "Imputed welfare estimates in regression analysis," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 101-118, January.
- Hoddinott, John & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2003. "Methods for microeconometric risk and vulnerability assessments," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 29138, The World Bank.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Adato, Michelle, 2001.
"How effectively do public works programs transfer benefits to the poor?,"
FCND discussion papers
108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Adato, Michelle, 2001. "How effectively do public works programs transfer benefits to the poor?," FCND briefs 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 2001. "Vulnerability : a view from different disciplines," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23304, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 2002.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 14101.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob & Epperecht, Michael, 2006. "Poverty and inequality in Vietnam: spatial patterns and geographic determinants," Research reports 148, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristjanson, Patricia & Radeny, Maren & Baltenweck, Isabelle & Ogutu, Joseph & Notenbaert, An, 2005. "Livelihood mapping and poverty correlates at a meso-level in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5-6), pages 568-583.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial analysis (Statistics) ; Poverty mapping ; Spatial regression ; Poverty determinants ;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2006-03-25 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-03-25 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2006-03-25 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:fcnddp:198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .