Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2013. "Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 167-191, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 51-57, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1775, The World Bank.
- Yoko Kijima & Lanjouw, Peter, 2003. "Poverty in India during the1990s - a regional perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3141, The World Bank.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & Stifel, David, 2010. "The Reliability of Small Area Estimation Prediction Methods to Track Poverty," WIDER Working Paper Series 099, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Servaas van der Berg & Ronelle Burger & Rulof Burger & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2005.
"Trends in poverty and inequality since the political transition,"
01/2005, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Servaas van der Berg & Ronelle Burger & Rulof Burger & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2006. "Trends in Poverty and Inequality since the Political Transition," Working Papers 06104, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008. "Reinterpreting between-group inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(3), pages 231-245, September.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Ingrid Woolard & Arden Finn & Jonathan Argent, 2010. "Trends in South African Income Distribution and Poverty since the Fall of Apartheid," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 101, OECD Publishing.
- David Stifel & Luc Christiaensen, 2007.
"Tracking Poverty Over Time in the Absence of Comparable Consumption Data,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 317-341, June.
- Stifel, David & Christiaensen, Luc, 2006. "Tracking poverty over time in the absence of comparable consumption data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3810, The World Bank.
- Nicholas Minot, 2008.
"Are Poor, Remote Areas Left behind in Agricultural Development: The Case of Tanzania,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(2), pages 239-276, March.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2004. "Are Poor, Remote Areas Left Behind In Agricultural Development: The Case Of Tanzania," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20188, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ravallion, M. & Datt, G., 1991. "Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures," Papers 83, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2012. "Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia: the Unfinished Agenda," One Pager 186, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Otavio Henrique dos Santos Figueiredo & Peter Fernades Wanke, 2016. "Peasants’ Poverty and Inequality in Angola," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 751-761, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRobust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-01-19 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2013-01-19 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2013-01-19 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipc:wpaper:102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipcunbr.html .