Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2013. "Robust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 167-191, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997.
"Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 51-57, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Can high-inequality developing countries escape absolute poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1775, The World Bank.
- Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw, 2003. "Micro--Level Estimation of Poverty and Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 355-364, January.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Neil McCulloch & Bob Baulch & Milasoa Cherel-Robson, 2000.
"Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Zambia during the 1990s,"
0004004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McCulloch, Neil & Baulch, Bob & Cherel-Robson, Milasoa, 2001. "Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Zambia during the 1990s," WIDER Working Paper Series 123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008. "Reinterpreting between-group inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(3), pages 231-245, September.
- David Stifel & Luc Christiaensen, 2007.
"Tracking Poverty Over Time in the Absence of Comparable Consumption Data,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 317-341, June.
- Stifel, David & Christiaensen, Luc, 2006. "Tracking poverty over time in the absence of comparable consumption data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3810, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Adjusted Indian Poverty Estimates for 1999-2000," Working Papers 200, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Nicholas Minot, 2008.
"Are Poor, Remote Areas Left behind in Agricultural Development: The Case of Tanzania,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(2), pages 239-276, March.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2004. "Are Poor, Remote Areas Left Behind In Agricultural Development: The Case Of Tanzania," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20188, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003. "Measuring pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Abdelkrim Araar, 2007. "Poverty, Inequality and Stochastic Dominance, Theory and Practice: The Case of Burkina Faso," Working Papers PMMA 2007-08, PEP-PMMA.
- Yoko Kijima & Lanjouw, Peter, 2003. "Poverty in India during the1990s - a regional perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3141, The World Bank.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & Stifel, David, 2010. "The Reliability of Small Area Estimation Prediction Methods to Track Poverty," WIDER Working Paper Series 099, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Servaas van der Berg & Ronelle Burger & Rulof Burger & Megan Louw & Derek Yu, 2005. "Trends in poverty and inequality since the political transition," Working Papers 01/2005, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Hentschel, Jesko, et al, 2000. "Combining Census and Survey Data to Trace the Spatial Dimensions of Poverty: A Case Study of Ecuador," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 147-165, January.
- Murray Leibbrandt & Ingrid Woolard & Arden Finn & Jonathan Argent, 2010. "Trends in South African Income Distribution and Poverty since the Fall of Apartheid," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 101, OECD Publishing.
- Francois Bourguignon, 2004. "The Poverty-growth-inequality triangle," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 125, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Ravallion, M. & Datt, G., 1991. "Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures," Papers 83, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Otavio Henrique dos Santos Figueiredo & Peter Fernades Wanke, 2016. "Peasants’ Poverty and Inequality in Angola," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 751-761, September.
- Sebastian Levine & Benjamin Roberts, 2012. "Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia: the Unfinished Agenda," One Pager 186, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
More about this item
KeywordsRobust Estimates of Changes in Poverty and Inequality in Post-Independence Namibia;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-19 (Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2013-01-19 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2013-01-19 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-PKE-2013-01-19 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipc:wpaper:102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipcunbr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.