When is Economic Growth Pro-Poor? Evidence from Tunisia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sami Bibi & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2005.
"Decomposing poverty changes into vertical and horizontal components,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 205-215, April.
- Bibi, Sami & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 2003. "Decomposing Poverty Changes into Vertical and Horizontal Components," Cahiers de recherche 0312, CIRPEE.
- Sami Bibi & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2007.
"Poverty-decreasing indirect tax reforms: Evidence from Tunisia,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(2), pages 165-190, April.
- Sami Bibi & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2004. "Poverty-Decreasing Indirect Tax Reforms: Evidence from Tunisia," Cahiers de recherche 0403, CIRPEE.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Russell Davidson, 2006. "Stochastic Dominance," Departmental Working Papers 2006-19, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Hagenaars, Aldi J M, 1987. "A Class of Poverty Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 583-607, October.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Fields, Gary, 1997. "Discontinuous losses from poverty, generalized P[alpha] measures, and optimal transfers to the poor," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 155-175, January.
- Jean-Yves Duclos, 2009. "What is “Pro-Poor”?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 32(1), pages 37-58, January.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Gregoire, Philippe, 2002.
"Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 471-492, December.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Grégoire, Philippe, 1999. "Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty," Cahiers de recherche 9910, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Philippe Gregoire, 2001. "Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 477.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Duclos, J. & Gregoire, P., 1999. "Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty," Papers 99/5, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Grégoire, Philippe, 2003. "Absolute and Relative Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty," Cahiers de recherche 0302, CIRPEE.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003. "Measuring pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Kraay, Aart, 2006. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from a panel of countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 198-227, June.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1980. "On a Class of Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 437-446, March.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-177, January.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1988. "Poverty and public policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 539-555, May.
- Son, Hyun Hwa, 2004. "A note on pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 307-314, March.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Ravallion, M. & Datt, G., 1991. "Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures," Papers 83, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lois Stevenson, 2010. "Private Sector and Enterprise Development," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14047.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2010.
"The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Loayza, Norman V. & Raddatz, Claudio, 2006. "The composition of growth matters for poverty alleviation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4077, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2016. "Tunisia Poverty Assessment 2015," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24410, The World Bank.
- Mwangi S. Kimenyi, 2006. "Economic Reforms and Pro-Poor Growth: Lessons for Africa and other Developing Regions and Economies in Transition," Working papers 2006-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Faouzi SBOUI, 2012. "Effects Of Growth And Inequality," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 35, pages 57-80.
- repec:jid:journl:y:2018:v:25:i:1:p:1-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salem Kanoun, 2012. "Linkages Between Fiscal Debt Sustainability, Growth And Poverty: An Application To Tunisia," Book Chapters, Institute of Economic Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty measurement; robustness analysis; economic growth; Tunisia;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:0522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.