How good a map ? Putting small area estimation to the test
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Christiaensen & Peter Lanjouw & Jill Luoto & David Stifel, 2012.
"Small area estimation-based prediction methods to track poverty: validation and applications,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 10(2), pages 267-297, June.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Lanjouw, Peter & Luoto, Jill & Stifel, David, 2011. "Small area estimation-based prediction methods to track poverty : validation and applications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5683, The World Bank.
- Jesse Naidoo, 2009. "Finite-Sample Bias and Inconsistency in the Estimation of Poverty Maps," SALDRU Working Papers 36, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Deepa Narayan & Lant Pritchett & Soumya Kapoor, 2009. "Moving Out of Poverty : Volume 2. Success from the Bottom Up," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11838, January.
- Jing Dai & Stefan Sperlich & Walter Zucchini, 2011. "Estimating and Predicting Household Expenditures and Income Distributions," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201147, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Ferre, Celine & Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2010.
"Is there a metropolitan bias ? the inverse relationship between poverty and city size in selected developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5508, The World Bank.
- Céline Ferré & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Peter Lanjouw, 2011. "Is there a metropolitan bias? The inverse relationship between poverty and city size in selected developing countries," Working Papers 192, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2011. "Can census data alone signal heterogeneity in the estimation of poverty maps?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 170-185, July.
- Escobal, J. & Ponce, C., 2011. "Spatial Patterns of Growth and Poverty Changes in Peru (1993 – 2005)," Working papers 078, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
More about this item
KeywordsSmall Area Estimation Poverty Mapping; Rural Poverty Reduction; Science Education; Scientific Research&Science Parks; Population Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .