Risk aversion and CO2 regulatory uncertainty in power generation investment: Policy and modeling implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993.
"Risk And Probability Premiums For Cara Utility Functions,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993. "Risk and Probability Premiums for Cara Utility Function," Staff General Research Papers Archive 596, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Choi, E. Kwan & Feinerman, Eli, 1993. "Risk and Probability Premiums for CARA Utility Functions," ISU General Staff Papers 199307010700001539, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Odenberger, M. & Unger, T. & Johnsson, F., 2009. "Pathways for the North European electricity supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1660-1677, May.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Szeidl, 2007. "Consumption Commitments and Risk Preferences," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 831-877.
- Ian W. H. Parry, 2003.
"Fiscal Interactions and the Case for Carbon Taxes Over Grandfathered Carbon Permits,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 385-399.
- Parry, Ian, 2003. "Fiscal Interactions and the Case for Carbon Taxes over Grandfathered Carbon Permits," Discussion Papers dp-03-46, Resources For the Future.
- Yihsu Chen & Jos Sijm & Benjamin Hobbs & Wietze Lise, 2008. "Implications of CO 2 emissions trading for short-run electricity market outcomes in northwest Europe," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 251-281, December.
- Zhuang, Jifang & Gabriel, Steven A., 2008. "A complementarity model for solving stochastic natural gas market equilibria," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 113-147, January.
- Raj Chetty, 2006. "A New Method of Estimating Risk Aversion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1821-1834, December.
- Levy, Brian & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "The Institutional Foundations of Regulatory Commitment: A Comparative Analysis of Telecommunications Regulation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 201-246, October.
- Kanudia, Amit & Loulou, Richard, 1998. "Robust responses to climate change via stochastic MARKAL: The case of Quebec," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 15-30, April.
- Ventosa, Mariano & Baillo, Alvaro & Ramos, Andres & Rivier, Michel, 2005. "Electricity market modeling trends," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 897-913, May.
- Peter S. Reinelt & David W. Keith, 2007. "Carbon Capture Retrofits and the Cost of Regulatory Uncertainty," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 101-128.
- J. Eric Bickel & James E. Smith, 2006. "Optimal Sequential Exploration: A Binary Learning Model," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 16-32, March.
- Richard Newell & William Pizer & Jiangfeng Zhang, 2005. "Managing Permit Markets to Stabilize Prices," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 31(2), pages 133-157, June.
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Michael L. Lemmon, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing and Optimal Hedging in Electricity Forward Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1347-1382, June.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Ian W.H. Parry, 2005.
"Fiscal Interactions and the Costs of Controlling Pollution from Electricity,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, pages 849-869.
- Parry, Ian, 2004. "Fiscal Interactions and the Costs of Controlling Pollution from Electricity," Discussion Papers dp-04-27, Resources For the Future.
- Peretto, Pietro F., 2009. "Energy taxes and endogenous technological change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 269-283, May.
- Schwarz, Hans-Gunter, 2005. "Modernisation of existing and new construction of power plants in Germany: results of an optimisation model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 113-137, January.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Hoyland, Kjetil & Wallace, Stein W., 2002. "The performance of stochastic dynamic and fixed mix portfolio models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 37-49, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Pahle, Kai Lessmann, Ottmar Edenhofer, and Nico Bauer, 2013. "Investments in Imperfect Power Markets under Carbon Pricing: A Case Study Based Analysis," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Parkinson, Simon C. & Djilali, Ned, 2015. "Long-term energy planning with uncertain environmental performance metrics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 402-412.
- Guy Meunier, 2014. "Risk Aversion and Technology Portfolios," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 44(4), pages 347-365, June.
- Choi, Dong Gu & Thomas, Valerie M., 2012. "An electricity generation planning model incorporating demand response," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 429-441.
- Fan, Lin & Norman, Catherine S. & Patt, Anthony G., 2012. "Electricity capacity investment under risk aversion: A case study of coal, gas, and concentrated solar power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 54-61.
- Boomsma, Trine Krogh & Linnerud, Kristin, 2015. "Market and policy risk under different renewable electricity support schemes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 435-448.
- Chen, Liang & Kettunen, Janne, 2017. "Is certainty in carbon policy better than uncertainty?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 230-243.
- Pahle, Michael & Fan, Lin & Schill, Wolf-Peter, 2011.
"How Emission Certificate Allocations Distort Fossil Investments: The German Example,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 1975-1987.
- Pahle, Michael & Fan, Lin & Schill, Wolf-Peter, 2011. "How emission certificate allocations distort fossil investments: The German example," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 1975-1987, April.
- Michael Pahle & Lin Fan & Wolf-Peter Schill, 2011. "How Emission Certificate Allocations Distort Fossil Investments: The German Example," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1097, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- van der Weijde, Adriaan Hendrik & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2012. "The economics of planning electricity transmission to accommodate renewables: Using two-stage optimisation to evaluate flexibility and the cost of disregarding uncertainty," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2089-2101.
- George A. Gonzalez, 2016. "Transforming Energy: Solving Climate Change with Technology Policy . New York : Cambridge University Press . 360 pages. ISBN 9781107614970, $29.99 paperback. Anthony Patt , 2015 ," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 33(1), pages 111-113, January.
- Olivier Massol & Omer Rifaat, 2016. "Phasing out the U.S. Federal Helium Reserve: Policy insights from a world helium model," Working Papers 2016.29, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Meunier, Guy, 2013.
"Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 866-874.
- Guy Meunier, 2013. "Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market," Working Papers hal-00906944, HAL.
- Harrison Fell & Dallas Burtraw & Richard Morgenstern & Karen Palmer, 2012.
"Climate Policy Design with Correlated Uncertainties in Offset Supply and Abatement Cost,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 88(3), pages 589-611.
- Fell, Harrison & Burtraw, Dallas & Morgenstern, Richard & Palmer, Karen, 2011. "Climate Policy Design with Correlated Uncertainties in Offset Supply and Abatement Cost," Discussion Papers dp-10-01-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014.
"The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries,"
271, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2014.
- Donatella Baiardi & Matteo Manera & Mario Menegatti, 2014. "The Effects of Environmental Risk on Consumption: an Empirical Analysis on the Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 2014.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Frédéric Lantz & Elodie Le Cadre, 2011.
"The bioenergies development: the role of biofuels and the CO2 price,"
2011/02, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Pierre-Andre Jouvet & Frederic Lantz & Elodie Le Cadre, 2012. "The bioenergies development: the role of biofuels and the CO2 price," Working Papers 1201, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Munoz, F. D. & van der Weijde, A. H. & Hobbs, B. F. & Watson, J-P., 2016. "Does risk aversion affect transmission and generation planning? A Western North America case study," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1647, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:213-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brouwer, Anne Sjoerd & van den Broek, Machteld & Özdemir, Özge & Koutstaal, Paul & Faaij, André, 2016. "Business case uncertainty of power plants in future energy systems with wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 237-256.
- Sunderkötter, Malte & Weber, Christoph, 2012. "Valuing fuel diversification in power generation capacity planning," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1664-1674.
- Mulder, Machiel & Scholtens, Bert, 2016. "A plant-level analysis of the spill-over effects of the German Energiewende," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 1259-1271.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Lau, Marco Chi Keung, 2015. "Structural breaks and electricity prices: Further evidence on the role of climate policy uncertainties in the Australian electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 176-182.
More about this item
KeywordsElectric power Risk aversion Emissions markets Climate policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:60:y:2010:i:3:p:193-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.