Risk and Probability Premiums for Cara Utility Function
The risk premium and the probability premium are used to determine appropriate coefficients of absolute risk aversion under CARA utility. A defensible range of risk aversion coefficients is defined by the coefficients that correspond to risk premiums falling between 1 and 99% of the amount at risk or to probability premiums falling between .005 and .49 for a lottery that pays or loses a given sum. The consequences of ignoring risk premiums when selecting risk-aversion coefficients for representative decision makers are illustrated by calculation of the implied risk premium associated with the levels of absolute risk aversion assumed in six selected studies.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Jul 1993|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, July 1993, vol. 18 no. 1, pp. 17-24|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yassour, Joseph & Zilberman, David D. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1980.
"Optimal choices among alternative technologies with stochastic yield,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt0gt334fc, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Yassour & David Zilberman & Gordon C. Rausser, 1981. "Optimal Choices among Alternative Technologies with Stochastic Yield," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(4), pages 718-723.
- Yassour, Joseph & Zilberman, David & Rausser, Gordon C, 1980. "Optimal choices among alternative technologies with stochastic yield," CUDARE Working Paper Series 155, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, R. N., 1987.
"Simultaneous Input Demands and Land Allocation in Agricultural Production Under Uncertainty,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10614, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, Robert N., 1987. "Simultaneous Input Demands And Land Allocation In Agricultural Production Under Certainty," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- William T. McSweeny & Randall A. Kramer, 1986. "The Integration of Farm Programs for Achieving Soil Conservation and Nonpoint Pollution Control Objectives," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 159-173.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:1141583 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, Robert P. & Lybecker, Donald W., 1983. "Flexible, Risk-Oriented Marketing Strategies For Pinto Bean Producers," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 8(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:596. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.