Risk And Probability Premiums For Cara Utility Functions
The risk premium and the probability premium are used to determine appropriate coefficients of absolute risk aversion under CARA utility. A defensible range of risk aversion coefficients is defined by the coefficients that correspond to risk premiums falling between 1 and 99% of the amount at risk or to probability premiums falling between .005 and .49 for a lottery that pays or loses a given sum. The consequences of ignoring risk premiums when selecting risk-aversion coefficients for representative decision makers are illustrated by calculation of the implied risk premium associated with the levels of absolute risk aversion assumed in six selected studies.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yassour, Joseph & Zilberman, David & Rausser, Gordon C, 1980.
"Optimal choices among alternative technologies with stochastic yield,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
155, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Yassour, Joseph & Zilberman, David D. & Rausser, Gordon C., 1980. "Optimal choices among alternative technologies with stochastic yield," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0gt334fc, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, R. N., 1987.
"Simultaneous Input Demands and Land Allocation in Agricultural Production Under Uncertainty,"
Staff General Research Papers
10614, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Babcock, Bruce A. & Chalfant, James A. & Collender, Robert N., 1987. "Simultaneous Input Demands And Land Allocation In Agricultural Production Under Certainty," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- William T. McSweeny & Randall A. Kramer, 1986. "The Integration of Farm Programs for Achieving Soil Conservation and Nonpoint Pollution Control Objectives," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 159-173.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:1141583 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, Robert P. & Lybecker, Donald W., 1983. "Flexible, Risk-Oriented Marketing Strategies For Pinto Bean Producers," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 8(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.