Order in the church: A property rights approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ekelund, Robert B, Jr & Hebert, Robert F & Tollison, Robert D, 1989. "An Economic Model of the Medieval Church: Usury as a Form of Rent Seeking," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 307-331, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Bloom & Raffaella Sadun, 2012.
"The Organization of Firms Across Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 127(4), pages 1663-1705.
- Nicholas Bloom & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2009. "The organization of firms across countries," NBER Working Papers 15129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bloom, Nicholas & Sadun, Raffaella & Van Reenen, John, 2009. "The Organization of Firms Across Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 7338, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nick Bloom & Raffaella Sadun & John Van Reenen, 2009. "The Organization of Firms Across Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0937, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bloom, Nick & Sadun, Raffaella & Van Reenen, John, 2009. "The organization of firms across countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25481, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wittman, Donald, 2014.
"Strategic Behavior and Organizational Structure in Religions,"
British Journal of Political Science,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 717-739, October.
- Wittman, Donald, 2012. "Strategic Behavior and Organizational Structure in Religions," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0r38m12v, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Benito Arruñada, 2003. "Specialization and rent-seeking in moral enforcement: The case of confession," Economics Working Papers 653, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Charles Zech, 2001. "An agency analysis of church-pastor relations," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 327-332.
- Hanson, Gordon H. & Xiang, Chong, 2013.
"Exporting Christianity: Governance and doctrine in the globalization of US denominations,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 301-320.
- Gordon H. Hanson & Chong Xiang, 2011. "Exporting Christianity: Governance and Doctrine in the Globalization of US Denominations," NBER Working Papers 16964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Zech, 2003. "Understanding denominational structures: churches as franchise organizations," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 323-335.
- Mao, Wen & Zech, Charles, 2002. "Choices of organizational structures in religious organizations: a game theoretic approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 55-70, January.
- Benito Arrunada, "undated". "Catholic Confessions of Sin as Third Party Moral Enforcement," Gruter Institute Working Papers on Law, Economics, and Evolutionary Biology 3-1-1013, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Rost, Katja & Graetzer, Gitte, 2014. "Multinational Organizations as Rule-following Bureaucracies — The Example of Catholic Orders," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 290-311.
- Brown, Sarah & Taylor, Karl, 2007.
"Religion and education: Evidence from the National Child Development Study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 439-460, July.
- Sarah Brown & Karl Taylor, 2003. "Religion and Education: Evidence from the National Child Development Study," Discussion Papers in Economics 03/16, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Becky Haney, 2008. "The Relationship Between Labor Market Structure and Clergy Compensation in Protestant Denominations," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(1), pages 65-75, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:27:y:1995:i:1:p:97-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.