Authority and Commitment: Why Universities, Like Legislatures, Are Not Organized as Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- K. Sonin & I. Khovanskaya & M. Yudkevich., 2008.
"Budget Uncertainty and Faculty Contracts: A Dynamic Framework for Comparative Analysis,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- Irina Khovanskaya & Konstantin Sonin & Maria Yudkevich, 2007. "Budget Uncertainty and Faculty Contracts: A Dynamic Framework for Comparative Analysis," Working Papers w0112, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Khovanskaya, Irina & Sonin, Konstantin & Yudkevich, Maria, 2008. "Budget Uncertainty and Faculty Contracts: A Dynamic Framework for Comparative Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 6744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cunningham, Brendan M., 2009. "Faculty: Thy administrator's keeper? Some evidence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 444-453, August.
- Prüfer, J. & Walz, U., 2009. "How Does the Governance of Academic Faculties Affect Competition Among Them?," Discussion Paper 2009-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Scott E. Masten & Jens Prüfer, 2014.
"On the Evolution of Collective Enforcement Institutions: Communities and Courts,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 359-400.
- Masten, S.E. & Prüfer, J., 2011. "On the Evolution of Collective Enforcement Institutions : Communities and Courts," Discussion Paper 2011-074, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Geuna, Aldo & Lepori, Benedetto & Bach, Laurent & Bogetoft, Peter & F. Cardoso, Margarida & Castro-Martinez, Elena & Crespi, Gustavo & de Lucio, Ignacio Fernandez, 2011. "The European university landscape: A micro characterization based on evidence from the Aquameth project," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 148-164, February.
- Ian Ayres & Colin Rowat & Nasser Zakariya, 2011. "Optimal voting rules for two-member tenure committees," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 36(2), pages 323-354, February.
- Jens Prüfer & Uwe Walz, 2013.
"Academic faculty governance and recruitment decisions,"
Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 507-529, June.
- Prüfer, J. & Walz, U., 2013. "Academic faculty governance and recruitment decisions," Other publications TiSEM 168575f1-21e1-4e86-b5ad-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Uwe Jirjahn, 2009. "The Introduction of Works Councils in German Establishments - Rent Seeking or Rent Protection?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 521-545, September.
- Bralind Kiri & Nicola Lacetera & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2015. "Above a Swamp: A Theory of High-Quality Scientific Production," NBER Working Papers 21143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott E. Masten, 2013. "The enterprise as community: firms, towns and universities," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jemstr:v:15:y:2006:i:3:p:649-684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.