Forecasting for inventory control with exponential smoothing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Snyder, R.D. & Koehler, A. & Ord, K., 1999. "Forecasting for Inventory Control with Exponential Smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/99, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter R. Winters, 1960. "Forecasting Sales by Exponentially Weighted Moving Averages," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 324-342.
- Koehler, Anne B. & Snyder, Ralph D. & Ord, J. Keith, 2001.
"Forecasting models and prediction intervals for the multiplicative Holt-Winters method,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 269-286.
- Koehler, A.B. & Snyder, R.D. & Ord, J.K., 1999. "Forecasting Models and Prediction Intervals for the Multiplicative Holt-Winters Method," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/99, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- William S. Lovejoy, 1990. "Myopic Policies for Some Inventory Models with Uncertain Demand Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 724-738.
- Harvey, Andrew & Snyder, Ralph D., 1990. "Structural time series models in inventory control," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 187-198.
- P. J. Harrison, 1967. "Exponential Smoothing and Short-Term Sales Forecasting," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 821-842.
- Snyder, R.D. & Koehler, A.B. & Ord, J.K., 1998. "Lead Time demand for Simple Exponential Smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Ord, J.K. & Koehler, A. & Snyder, R.D., 1995. "Estimation and Prediction for a Class of Dynamic Nonlinear Statistical Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 4/95, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoang-Sa Dang & Ying-Fang Huang & Chia-Nan Wang & Thuy-Mai-Trinh Nguyen, 2016. "An Application of the Short-Term Forecasting with Limited Data in the Healthcare Traveling Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-14, October.
- Wang, Zhi, 2003. "WTO accession, the "Greater China" free-trade area, and economic integration across the Taiwan Strait," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 316-349.
- Li, Qinyun & Disney, Stephen M. & Gaalman, Gerard, 2014. "Avoiding the bullwhip effect using Damped Trend forecasting and the Order-Up-To replenishment policy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 3-16.
- Dong, Ruijun & Pedrycz, Witold, 2008. "A granular time series approach to long-term forecasting and trend forecasting," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(13), pages 3253-3270.
- Yavuz Acar, 2014. "Forecasting Method Selection Based on Operational Performance," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 95-114.
- Wang, Jianzhou & Zhu, Suling & Zhang, Wenyu & Lu, Haiyan, 2010. "Combined modeling for electric load forecasting with adaptive particle swarm optimization," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1671-1678.
- Yelland, Phillip M., 2010. "Bayesian forecasting of parts demand," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 374-396, April.
- Gardner, Everette Shaw & Acar, Yavuz, 2016. "The forecastability quotient reconsidered," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 1208-1211.
- Janssen, E. & Strijbosch, L.W.G. & Brekelmans, R.C.M., 2007. "How to Determine the Order-up-to Level When Demand is Gamma Distributed with Unknown Parameters," Discussion Paper 2007-71, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gardner, Everette Jr., 2006. "Exponential smoothing: The state of the art--Part II," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 637-666.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602597 is not listed on IDEAS
- Acar, Yavuz & Gardner, Everette S., 2012. "Forecasting method selection in a global supply chain," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, pages 842-848.
More about this item
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:18:y:2002:i:1:p:5-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.