Exponential Smoothing and Short-Term Sales Forecasting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. E. Salveson, 1956. "A Problem in Optimal Machine Loading," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 232-260, April.
- M. Beckman & R. Muth, 1956. "An Inventory Policy for a Case of Lagged Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(2), pages 145-155, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoang-Sa Dang & Ying-Fang Huang & Chia-Nan Wang & Thuy-Mai-Trinh Nguyen, 2016. "An Application of the Short-Term Forecasting with Limited Data in the Healthcare Traveling Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-14, October.
- Manikas, Andrew S. & Patel, Pankaj C., 2016. "Managing sales surprise: The role of operational slack and volume flexibility," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 101-116.
- Merigó, José M. & Palacios-Marqués, Daniel & Ribeiro-Navarrete, Belén, 2015. "Aggregation systems for sales forecasting," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2299-2304.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:1:d:10.1057_jors.2008.173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hill, Arthur V. & Zhang, Weiyong & Burch, Gerald F., 2015. "Forecasting the forecastability quotient for inventory management," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 651-663.
- Snyder, Ralph D. & Ord, J. Keith & Beaumont, Adrian, 2012. "Forecasting the intermittent demand for slow-moving inventories: A modelling approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 485-496.
- Snyder, Ralph D. & Koehler, Anne B. & Ord, J. Keith, 2002.
"Forecasting for inventory control with exponential smoothing,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 5-18.
- Snyder, R.D. & Koehler, A. & Ord, K., 1999. "Forecasting for Inventory Control with Exponential Smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/99, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Saligari, Grant R. & Snyder, Ralph D., 1997.
"Trends, lead times and forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 477-488.
- Saligari, G.R. & Snyder, R.D., 1996. "Trends, Lead Times and Forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/96, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Wong, W.K. & Guo, Z.X., 2010. "A hybrid intelligent model for medium-term sales forecasting in fashion retail supply chains using extreme learning machine and harmony search algorithm," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 614-624, December.
- Godfrey, Gregory A. & Powell, Warren B., 2000. "Adaptive estimation of daily demands with complex calendar effects for freight transportation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 451-469, August.
- Mirko Kremer & Brent Moritz & Enno Siemsen, 2011.
"Demand Forecasting Behavior: System Neglect and Change Detection,"
INFORMS, pages 1827-1843.
- Thomas Hellman & Enrico Perotti, 2010. "The Circulation of Ideas in Firms and Markets," Working Papers 2010.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Thomas F. Hellmann & Enrico C. Perotti, 2011. "The Circulation of Ideas in Firms and Markets," NBER Working Papers 16943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaalman, Gerard & Disney, Stephen M., 2006. "State space investigation of the bullwhip problem with ARMA(1,1) demand processes," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 327-339, December.
- Gardner, Everette Jr., 2006. "Exponential smoothing: The state of the art--Part II," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 637-666.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:13:y:1967:i:11:p:821-842. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.