A hybrid intelligent model for medium-term sales forecasting in fashion retail supply chains using extreme learning machine and harmony search algorithm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Xiande & Xie, Jinxing & Leung, Janny, 2002. "The impact of forecasting model selection on the value of information sharing in a supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 321-344, October.
- Makridakis, Spyros & Hibon, Michele, 2000. "The M3-Competition: results, conclusions and implications," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 451-476.
- Taylor, James W., 2007. "Forecasting daily supermarket sales using exponentially weighted quantile regression," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(1), pages 154-167, April.
- Geurts, Michael D. & Patrick Kelly, J., 1986. "Forecasting retail sales using alternative models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 261-272.
- Dalrymple, Douglas J., 1978. "Using Box-Jenkins techniques in sales forecasting," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-145, May.
- Lo, Tammy, 1994. "An expert system for choosing demand forecasting techniques," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-3), pages 5-15, January.
- Bayraktar, Erkan & Lenny Koh, S.C. & Gunasekaran, A. & Sari, Kazim & Tatoglu, Ekrem, 2008. "The role of forecasting on bullwhip effect for E-SCM applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 193-204, May.
- Au, Kin-Fan & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Yu, Yong, 2008. "Fashion retail forecasting by evolutionary neural networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 615-630, August.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Thomassey, Sebastien & Happiette, Michel & Castelain, Jean-Marie, 2005. "A global forecasting support system adapted to textile distribution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 81-95, April.
- Sen, Alper, 2008. "The US fashion industry: A supply chain review," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 571-593, August.
- Xiao, Tiaojun & Yang, Danqin, 2008. "Price and service competition of supply chains with risk-averse retailers under demand uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 187-200, July.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Koehler, Anne B., 2006.
"Another look at measures of forecast accuracy,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 679-688.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Anne B. Koehler, 2005. "Another Look at Measures of Forecast Accuracy," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- P. J. Harrison, 1967. "Exponential Smoothing and Short-Term Sales Forecasting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(11), pages 821-842, July.
- Zhang, G. Peter & Qi, Min, 2005. "Neural network forecasting for seasonal and trend time series," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(2), pages 501-514, January.
- Boulden, James B., 1958. "Fitting the sales forecast to your firm," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 65-72.
- Chu, Ching-Wu & Zhang, Guoqiang Peter, 2003. "A comparative study of linear and nonlinear models for aggregate retail sales forecasting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 217-231, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fallah Tehrani, Ali & Ahrens, Diane, 2016. "Enhanced predictive models for purchasing in the fashion field by using kernel machine regression equipped with ordinal logistic regression," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 131-138.
- Majd Kharfan & Vicky Wing Kei Chan & Tugba Firdolas Efendigil, 0. "A data-driven forecasting approach for newly launched seasonal products by leveraging machine-learning approaches," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-16.
- Bernardo Bertoldi & Chiara Giachino & Alberto Pastore, 2016. "Strategic pricing management in the omnichannel era," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(4), pages 131-152.
- Shuyun Ren & Hau-Ling Chan & Tana Siqin, 2020. "Demand forecasting in retail operations for fashionable products: methods, practices, and real case study," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 291(1), pages 761-777, August.
- Fildes, Robert & Ma, Shaohui & Kolassa, Stephan, 2019. "Retail forecasting: research and practice," MPRA Paper 89356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ma, Shaohui & Fildes, Robert, 2020. "Forecasting third-party mobile payments with implications for customer flow prediction," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 739-760.
- NJ Matsoma & IM Ambe, 2016. "Factors Affecting Demand Planning in the South African Clothing Industry," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 8(5), pages 194-210.
- Lalou Panagiota & Ponis Stavros T. & Efthymiou Orestis K., 2020. "Demand Forecasting of Retail Sales Using Data Analytics and Statistical Programming," Management & Marketing, Sciendo, vol. 15(2), pages 186-202, June.
- Puchalsky, Weslly & Ribeiro, Gabriel Trierweiler & da Veiga, Claudimar Pereira & Freire, Roberto Zanetti & Santos Coelho, Leandro dos, 2018. "Agribusiness time series forecasting using Wavelet neural networks and metaheuristic optimization: An analysis of the soybean sack price and perishable products demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 203(C), pages 174-189.
- Lean Yu & Zebin Yang & Ling Tang, 2016. "Prediction-Based Multi-Objective Optimization for Oil Purchasing and Distribution with the NSGA-II Algorithm," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(02), pages 423-451, March.
- Emmanuel Sirimal Silva & Hossein Hassani & Dag Øivind Madsen & Liz Gee, 2019. "Googling Fashion: Forecasting Fashion Consumer Behaviour Using Google Trends," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-23, April.
More about this item
KeywordsFashion sales forecasting Harmony search Neural network Extreme learning machine;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:128:y:2010:i:2:p:614-624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.