A GIS (geographical information system)-based spatial data mining approach for optimal location and capacity planning of distributed biomass power generation facilities: A case study of Tumkur district, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balachandra, P. & Kristle Nathan, Hippu Salk & Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2010.
"Commercialization of sustainable energy technologies,"
Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1842-1851.
- P. Balachandra & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2007. "Commercialisation of sustainable energy technologies," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2007-018, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- P. Balachandra & B. Sudhakara Reddy, 2007. "Commercialisation of Sustainable Energy Technologies," Energy Working Papers 22326, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- 久冨, 善之 & 仲嶺, 政光 & 山本, 宏樹, 2009. "世代間問題と教育（An interim report）," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 437, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Klose, Andreas & Drexl, Andreas, 2005. "Facility location models for distribution system design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 4-29, April.
- Current, John & Min, Hokey & Schilling, David, 1990. "Multiobjective analysis of facility location decisions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 295-307, December.
- Ravindranath, N. H. & Hall, D. O., 1995. "Biomass, Energy, and Environment: A Developing Country Perspective from India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198564362.
- AfDB AfDB, 2009. "MDG Report 2009 - Full Report," MDG Report 99, African Development Bank.
- P. Sudha & D. Subhashree & H. Khan & G. Hedge & I. Murthy & V. Shreedhara & N. Ravindranath, 2007. "Development of regional climate mitigation baseline for a dominant agro-ecological zone of Karnataka, India," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 1051-1075, July.
- Tanatvanit, Somporn & Limmeechokchai, Bundit & Chungpaibulpatana, Supachart, 2003. "Sustainable energy development strategies: implications of energy demand management and renewable energy in Thailand," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 367-395, October.
- Balachandra, P., 2011. "Dynamics of rural energy access in India: An assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 5556-5567.
- Kumar, Arun & Jain, Sudhir K. & Bansal, N. K., 2003. "Disseminating energy-efficient technologies: a case study of compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 259-272, February.
- AfDB AfDB, . "Africa Competitiveness Report 2009," Africa Competitiveness Report, African Development Bank, number 11 edited by Adeleke Oluwole Salami.
- Melkote, Sanjay & Daskin, Mark S., 2001. "An integrated model of facility location and transportation network design," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 515-538, July.
- Francis, Richard L. & McGinnis, Leon F. & White, John A., 1983. "Locational analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 220-252, March.
- Ravindranath, N.H. & Balachandra, P., 2009. "Sustainable bioenergy for India: Technical, economic and policy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1003-1013.
- N/A, 2009. "World Trade Report 2008: Executive Summary," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 43(4), pages 73-99, January.
- Kaundinya, Deepak Paramashivan & Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2009. "Grid-connected versus stand-alone energy systems for decentralized power--A review of literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 2041-2050, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Golecha, Rajdeep & Gan, Jianbang, 2016. "Biomass transport cost from field to conversion facility when biomass yield density and road network vary with transport radius," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 321-331.
- Tan, Sie Ting & Hashim, Haslenda & Abdul Rashid, Ahmad H. & Lim, Jeng Shiun & Ho, Wai Shin & Jaafar, Abu Bakar, 2018. "Economic and spatial planning for sustainable oil palm biomass resources to mitigate transboundary haze issue," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 169-178.
- Schröder, Tim & Lauven, Lars-Peter & Geldermann, Jutta, 2018. "Improving biorefinery planning: Integration of spatial data using exact optimization nested in an evolutionary strategy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(3), pages 1005-1019.
- Shafiullah, Md & Rahman, Syed Masiur & Mortoja, Md. Golam & Al-Ramadan, Baqer, 2016. "Role of spatial analysis technology in power system industry: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 584-595.
- Neiva de Figueiredo, João & Mayerle, Sérgio Fernando, 2014. "A systemic approach for dimensioning and designing anaerobic bio-digestion/energy generation biomass supply networks," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 690-694.
- Zhang, Xingping & Luo, Kaiyan & Tan, Qinliang, 2016. "A feedstock supply model integrating the official organization for China's biomass generation plants," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 276-290.
- Sánchez-Lozano, J.M. & García-Cascales, M.S. & Lamata, M.T., 2014. "Identification and selection of potential sites for onshore wind farms development in Region of Murcia, Spain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 311-324.
- Weinand, J.M. & McKenna, R. & Fichtner, W., 2019. "Developing a municipality typology for modelling decentralised energy systems," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 75-96.
- Long, Huiling & Li, Xiaobing & Wang, Hong & Jia, Jingdun, 2013. "Biomass resources and their bioenergy potential estimation: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 344-352.
- Xiang Zhao & Xiaoya Ma & Kun Wang & Yuqing Long & Dongjie Zhang & Zhanchun Xiao, 2017. "A Spatially Explicit Optimization Model for Agricultural Straw-Based Power Plant Site Selection: A Case Study in Hubei Province, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-19, May.
- Chukwuma, Emmanuel Chibundo & Okey-Onyesolu, Faith Chinenye & Ani, Kingsley Amaechi & Nwanna, Emmanuel Chukwudi, 2021. "GIS bio-waste assessment and suitability analysis for biogas power plant: A case study of Anambra state of Nigeria," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 1182-1194.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Balachandra, P., 2011. "Modern energy access to all in rural India: An integrated implementation strategy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7803-7814.
- Chor, Elise & Andresen, Martin Eckhoff & Kalil, Ariel, 2016. "The impact of universal prekindergarten on family behavior and child outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 168-181.
- Md Zawawi Bin Abu Bakar & Wan Ab Rahman Khudzri Wan Abdullah (Ph.D), 2011. "An analysis on the issues of the rights of spouses in the Islamic Family Law in Malaysia," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 1(1), pages 94-108, December.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Are The Services Delivered Employable? A Scenario Of Technical Education In Rural India," Post-Print hal-01483640, HAL.
- Kandaramath Hari, Thushara & Yaakob, Zahira & Binitha, Narayanan N., 2015. "Aviation biofuel from renewable resources: Routes, opportunities and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1234-1244.
- Choragudi, Sravanthi, 2013. "Off-grid solar lighting systems: A way align India's sustainable and inclusive development goals," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 890-899.
- Pérez-Mesa, Juan Carlos & Galdeano-Gómez, Emilio & Salinas Andújar, Jose A., 2012. "Logistics network and externalities for short sea transport: An analysis of horticultural exports from southeast Spain," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 188-198.
- Olivares-Benitez, Elias & Ríos-Mercado, Roger Z. & González-Velarde, José Luis, 2013. "A metaheuristic algorithm to solve the selection of transportation channels in supply chain design," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 161-172.
- Rahul Hiremath & Bimlesh Kumar & P. Balachandra & N. Ravindranath, 2010. "Sustainable bioenergy production strategies for rural India," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 571-590, August.
- Contreras, Ivan & Fernández, Elena & Reinelt, Gerhard, 2012. "Minimizing the maximum travel time in a combined model of facility location and network design," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 847-860.
- Bigotte, João F. & Krass, Dmitry & Antunes, António P. & Berman, Oded, 2010. "Integrated modeling of urban hierarchy and transportation network planning," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 506-522, August.
- Sheu, Jiuh Biing & Kundu, Tanmoy, 2018. "Forecasting time-varying logistics distribution flows in the One Belt-One Road strategic context," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 5-22.
- Casillas, Christian E. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2011. "The delivery of low-cost, low-carbon rural energy services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 4520-4528, August.
- Hossain, M.S. & Madlool, N.A. & Rahim, N.A. & Selvaraj, J. & Pandey, A.K. & Khan, Abdul Faheem, 2016. "Role of smart grid in renewable energy: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1168-1184.
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Resnick, Danielle, 2013. "Personalistic Policy-Making in a Vibrant Democracy: Senegal's Fragmented Response to the 2007/08 Food price Crisis," WIDER Working Paper Series 015, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yao, Zhishuang & Lee, Loo Hay & Jaruphongsa, Wikrom & Tan, Vicky & Hui, Chen Fei, 2010. "Multi-source facility location-allocation and inventory problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 750-762, December.
- Hadas, Yuval & Laor, Amir, 2013. "Network design model with evacuation constraints," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-9.
- Tobias Schmidt & Sandeep Dabur, 2014. "Explaining the diffusion of biogas in India: a new functional approach considering national borders and technology transfer," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 16(2), pages 171-199, April.
- van Ruijven, Bas J. & Schers, Jules & van Vuuren, Detlef P., 2012. "Model-based scenarios for rural electrification in developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 386-397.
More about this item
KeywordsBioenergy; GIS (geographical information system); Spatial clustering; Rural energy planning;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:52:y:2013:i:c:p:77-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.